12 string electrics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  08:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im looking for a 12 string electric for my arsanal,so far the only ones i found that are in my price range are dan-s or jerry jones
anyone else have ideas?

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  09:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Double neck Les Paul!
-J

Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha no way,every double neck player uses that one. ive tried les pauls and SGs,hey arent for me. plus theyre way out of my price range.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  8:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i never likes twelve sting electrics, except the ones that guy form teh Byrds played. Other than that, i stick with anacoustic twlve, if i had one.....

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  8:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 12 string and I hate it because the higher G string keeps breaking on me. And it's really starting to get annoying.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  9:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that's the most common string to break ona twelve string. Boost up the gauge on just that string and it should be a bit better

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2002 :  4:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tune your 12 string down to dgcfad so theres not as much tension on the strings,if the tuning is to deep for you,use a capo on the 2nd fret to get eadgbe

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2002 :  8:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What do you mean my "boost the gauge"? Do you mean that I should buy a higher-gauged set of strings?

Also, thanks ngetal.....I'll try that and whatever Jay's talking about....and see which is better.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  12:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you don't want to do what ngetal said ( It's very good advice, that's what i do wit all my guitars) you can buy a single g string that is a gauge higher than what you normally use. That way, combined with ngetal's advice, it won't break as often. Also, if you are tuning the entire thing down, use a thicker set of strings. (if you do this, you don't need to buy a thicker g string because your guitar will be tuned down a whole step, and a thicker set doesn't break as often.) What gauge do you use anyway? If you use lights or extra lights, switch to mediums. The sound is SO much better!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  12:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One last thing: Unless you have a very strong 12 string, don't use mediums at standard tuning. Tune everything a step or a step and a half down. I've seen thick strings ruin a twelve strign before, and it ain't a pretty sight.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  03:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with a double neck SG, even tho you've already nixed it. That's just a great looking guitar. And sounding, too, I should add....

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check what my gauge is when I get home....I'm at work right now.....it kind of sucks. I was scheduled to work on the 4th of July and since that hindered my cnances to go out....I simply took up another shift.....so I'm here for 9 hours. But I don't do much so it can't be too bad.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome that you'll get paid that much extra, tho. That's why I always work Saturdays. Those hours are overtime (4 hours) and that's time and a half, so I'll gladly work. Well, maybe not gladly...

-what-
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  4:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im not a fan of gibson guitars,i hate the necks,the pickups are ussually great tho,plus a double neck would be way to heavey on my back,ive fucked around with a dan-o double neck(theyre made from masonite,a very light wood) and still even that was heavy.and gibsons prices are ridiculas

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  5:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No if you're a famous rock star. Then they can go and buy as many as they want. Which brings up an interesting point. If you're a musician....like a really famous and highly-paid one......would that mean that buying any type of music related item could be written off?

Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  07:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ya cuz im extreamly rich and famous,i play moog keyboards in a band called bon jovi,im gonna go buy 9 double necks after i get my mullet trimmed and do a line of coke.

i just want a inexpensive 12 string electrici guess i have to settle for jerry jones or dan-o

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  7:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmm......and since so many musicians do drugs.....would you be able to write that off too?...........now that I think of it...probably not......let's see Bon Jovi get a reciept for buy a kilo of coke.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha that drug comment reminds me of work today. We sell the little hanging postage meters that people use to weigh weed. These two kids (probably 15 or 16) came in today and they were like "Do you have those little postage meters...you know, for weighing letters and stuff..." My boss and I always laugh our asses off about those people. They come in, they stand around looking for the weedmeter, acting like they're looking for something else. Then finally they break down and ask, because they could never (I mean never) find it on their own. And all 5 (three workers, two customers) of us there can hardly keep from laughing cause we all know what its for...

And Wednesday, someone's change was $4.20, and I said "Here's your change, 4.20" and they busted out laughing...they didn't even look like smokers...it was funny. I said it that way ('four twenty') just to mess with them.

AAHHHhhhhh. The simple pleasures. (not weed. I'm talking about screwing with people.)

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The simple pleasures. (not weed. I'm talking about screwing with people.)

......with weed.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's right, screwing people with weed. Just like I said.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sooooo......you're not talking about weed......but you are at the same TIMe?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't you wonder?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  8:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason.....LAY OFF THE WEED!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  01:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's no weed from which for me to lay off. Damn.

I've no weed from which off to lay. Damn.

Off weed, there's none for which I can lay. Damn.

I haven't any weed for which myself can lay off of. Damn.

Off of any weed I can't lay, because I haven't any. Damn.

Lay off me, cause I don't have any weed, bitch. There we go.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  3:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.......what took you 6 lines I can do in 2 words.......Fuck you.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  3:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuckyouche!

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  3:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000