Could Life Get Any Better?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  12:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tenacious D on Letterman tonight...Timmy on Kilborn tomorrow.

Could life get any better? I submit that it could not!!

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  12:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It would be better if I didn't have to work so early so I could actually watch it.. ;) And I lost my VCR remote so I can't set it up to record either... Someone with DSS better make an mpeg :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  12:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A minage a trois with Britney Spears and Sarah Michelle Gellar could never hurt.
-J

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  01:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tenacious D kicked ass on Letterman!

Their new cd is amazing, i am very surprised by Jack Blacks singing, songwriting, and playing abilities, he fuckin rocks!
I was also pleasantly surprised to see the guest artists on the D's cd, Dave Grohl on drums and guitars and Page McConnell ticklin' the ivory, very impressive.

Tim should hook up with the D sometime down the road, that would be a great combo.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  02:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The D rocks. They're on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart tomorrow at 10pm Central Time.

Yeah, they should team up. They could do a tour together and call it the Timacious D Tour.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  06:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strangely Enuf, We were just talking about Jack Black and Tenacious D in the van the other day. Tim is a big fan. Not as big as me, but I agree a teamup would be awesome. If anyone knows Jack tell him to get in touch. Tim and I also love his acting. He steals the show whatever he is in. I really like the shortlived series on cable. It was hilarious. Wish it had lasted longer. Anyone got them on video?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  09:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got an SNL performance from 1998, and a performance from some comedy central show (comics cabanna or whatever). Also if you wanna kill some brain cells go rent Biodome with pauly shore, the D has an amusing little cameo in it.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2001 :  01:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My drummer has one D episode on tape, the Lee/Jesus Ranch episode. I'm "borrowing" the tape from him...I've had it for a few months LOL.

I've seen the complete series for auction on ebay before. It was going for like $74 when I saw it...but I'm not sure what it ended at...

Theoreticaly..one could buy it at $74...make tons of copies...and sell them.......ah...it would never work..would it??

Seriously though, as soon as I have the money to blow, I may get the tapes off ebay. I'd love to see the episode where they do "Sex Supreme"

Anyone own the D's album yet? How is it?

By the way Silky, did you hear that Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears' place where they were staying on vacation got robbed...and some "personal video tapes" were stolen? Could we be looking at a "Pam & Tommy" type video hitting stores soon??

Adam

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2001 :  02:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good gosh allmighty, I would give my left testicle to see Britney Spears in a "home movie." Like I've said before, I watch her on tv on MUTE, but I do love to watch her.

So it's like you said from the beginning....Could life get any better?

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2001 :  09:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sex Supreme is a great tune, they did that on SNL. Cracks me up.

I've got a rip of their album, haven't listened to it all the way through yet though.

You guys can't even begin to convince me that Britney's not a virgin, she's as pure as the driven snow. I'm sure the burglers were hoping for some videos of them shagging but i'm sure all they're gonna get is them riding mopeds and having picnics and shit.

Though if a Britney and Justin video did exist, i too would give my left nut too see it. Though that'd probably make the self gratification thing a bit more difficult so whats the point!

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2001 :  10:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Like Opie and Anthony on the radio suggest... If Brittney is a virgin, she should auction off her virginity on E-bay. :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  2:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tenacious D
-Rock Your Socks-

1,2,3,4,5,SIX,SIX,SIX

...the only thing that really matters is the classical songs....
...and that's why me and KG are classically trained...
...to rock your f*cking socks off....

...give 'em a taste KG....

...OK...

[plays Back lick]

...That is Bach and it rocks...
...its a rock block of bach...
...that he learned in the school...
...called the school of hard knocks...

That is the funniest stuff ever. I laugh every time I listen to this cd. The 666 part in that song is what gets me. HA.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The skits on that album are pretty funny too. The Drive Thru one cracks me up, so does the "one note song"

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the album could've done without those skits personally. I love Tenacious D's songs, and their little higyncs (sp) on stage crack me up, but I think for some reason it looses a lot when they tried to capture it on CD. Just my opinion tho.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is true, you almost need to SEE jack black saying everything and singing everything. Should have made it a CD/DVD release.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  5:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard a little bit of them. They're hilarious. "Tribute" is cool and I laughed my ass off when I heard their cover of Paranoid Android.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2001 :  09:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THEY COVER PARANOID ANDROID! I've got to hear that, is there any chance you have it?

When i saw them a few months back they covered Chop Suey, Flash, Crazy Train and Summer of '69 which was pretty kick ass... but I need to hear Paranoid Android!

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2001 :  2:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So how exactly does Tenacious D work? Are all their songs cover songs with different lyrics and better guitar skills? I picked out a few from their album, but I couldn't find in the credits where it mentioned using other people's songs...

Anyway, I would love to know if some of the songs I thought I recognized were actually that or just coincidence. I wasn't sure.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I belive that Jack and Kyle write most of their stuff, besides the stuff that is blatantly covered.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to listen to that album again in a minute and see what all songs sound like they use the music to another one and make their own lyrics. Then maybe someone else will tell me how wrong or right I sound, if they have the album...

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  7:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, one of them is #11, which sounds to me like "riding with disaster" by I have no idea who, from long ago. Maybe that's just the intro.

And the one of them at least (really at least two or three) sound like plays on the song "Peaches" by Presidents of the United States of America.

I guess that's all.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000