Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 My 1st attempts at "Fluffy Photography"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2001 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a big fan of Fluffy's photos, and I've always wondered how he does that abstact stuff with the light. So this week I busted out my digital camera and messed around with some motion blurs, and flash speed... I came out with a few that somewhat resemble his stuff. What do you think? They are:

Yuck, those were so bad I had to delete them!

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2001 :  12:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
damn, thats odd, it doesnt show the pics... but I clicked on "help page" then hit back and it showed up fine. Those bastards think I'm spamming my site.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2001 :  05:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
unfortunatly you cant link off of geocities pages. bastards. but i copy and pasted the links (without the http:// part) and they showed up fine :)

theyre cool. I want to get a digital at one point... :p

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2001 :  2:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
those are god first attempts. you should try converting them to the negative form to get a really crazy image.

later

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2001 :  7:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Reese, I've been wanting to mess with them in Adobe photophop 6. Can you do a negative in there? I'm sure you can, I just don't know how to use 90% of the options that adobe has! Any help from anyone????

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2001 :  8:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To get a negative in Photoshop, you can simply press ctrl + I. Or if you'd rather, you can do Image->Adjust->Invert.

Go to Top of Page

dream merchant
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2001 :  11:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doh. guess i am too late to see the pics.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2001 :  6:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no youre not. copy and paste the addy's without the http:// part, you'll see them.

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2001 :  8:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, Looks pretty good!! It takes alot of practice and and eye for the lighting. Practice Practice Practice Good first attempt though. I really like the 3rd one alot. Peace Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2001 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey! fluffy! good to see you here

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2001 :  04:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich with and H, I am always lurking in the background. Peace

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Erich with and H, I am always lurking in the background. Peace

Fluffy, I wouldn't consider this lurking in the background...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  12:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yikes! Those are horrible now that I have learned soo much more. Those were really my 1st attempts with my first actual camera. Now I have a better camera and some much better pics... I'll post some later today.... keep an eye out!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  1:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  1:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cool

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  02:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin.....you should try that effect on the 405. I bet that would look really kewl!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  04:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, actually the second one i posted is of the 405!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  04:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I'll be damned!

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea Photoshop 6 is wonderfull, You can also get alot of cool looks by messing with the Image>Adjust>Hue/Saturation, feature. and thousands of other options of course.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  2:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Joe, I actually didn't do anything in photoshop with those pics, they are all straight out of my digital camera. But you are right, Photophop has soooooo many things, I don't even know how to use 90% of it.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  3:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome pics Kev. I especially like that last one.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  3:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some pics I made... http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/id23.htm .... the middle one started out as one of Fluffy's pics of Tim and the other two started out as my face... "self portraits" then I guess. Gotta love Photoshop.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  3:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So how many of us actually paid for Photoshop...?? Hmmmmm

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  3:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So how many of us actually paid for Photoshop...?? Hmmmmm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know not of what you speak.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pay? What does this word mean?

I must look this up.

quote:
VERB
Inflected forms: paid (pad) , pay·ing, pays

TRANSITIVE VERB
1. To give money to in return for goods or services rendered:

Hmmm, well in that case, no, I did not "pay".

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  6:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lets see... I "pay" to go to school... the school provides me with free ethernet. The ethernet is hooked up to a network, I got photoshop off the network... so sure I paid!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  6:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If that's how you look at it... damn that's about the most expensive piece of software ever.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  7:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think AutoCad is the most expensive software ever. For a student version, it costs $2000.....but for the full version, it can cost over $10,000.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to be quite adept at AutoCAD... never realized it was so expensive.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  7:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just finished a project where I basically made a copy of my guitar. It's soooooo kewl. I got everything. Even the strings are the correct sizes. I also added the knobs with washer and nut. It's orgasmic.

We have a machine that can create anything you made on AutoCad in a matter of hours. I want to see if they'll make mine. That's be so kewl....even though I couldn't play it.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Would it be made of metal?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those ones that you manipulated are really cool Patrick!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Naw.....it's just a model to go by (like a visual aid). I'm pretty sure they use sand and cement.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  9:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh. Like a set of instructions or a pattern. I see.......

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  9:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.....my guess is that it's used primarily for unusually-shaped assembly parts or some sort of complicated structure where the best way to understand what it looks like is to make it.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  9:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kev! Hope you don't mind if I took one of your pics and completely derranged it in Photoshop... http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/id23.htm

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, great stuff!! Kudos on the spurning of photoshop. I hate it when people think my stuff is affected in some way. Straight out of the camera the way you see it. That is the challenge. Anyone can take a picture and mess with it. But to capture an image on the fly that is the challenge. It is alot more fun for me to create out of what is in front of me than to sit around messing with and distorting an image. I do love it when others take what I have created and mess with it or distort it. I am actually trying to embark on a project with a painter who will take my images as I create them and make something of their own out of my art. I like the idea of someone else looking at something I created and seeing something completely different in it than I might have seen. Literally the individuality in all of us.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluff, having you compliment my abstact photography is like Tim complimenting guitar playing!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how do u actually get the effect like that... do u have to move the camera rapidly w/ slow shutter speed while taking the picture or what..

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well Kevin, I don't know if I would go that far, but I will take it as a compliment. THANX!! I have not put nearly as much effort or practice into my art as TR. I kinda more just happened onto it and have let it become my style. I am sure someone else has done it somewhere, sometime but I arrived at it by accident with no influence from anyone and that is one of the reasons I feel so comfortable expressing my creative side that way.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats part of it... finding the right lighting has a lot to do with it too, like Fluffy said, a bright neon light in a dark surounding is the best.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah but then how do u get the draged light effect.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  07:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Different kinds of light react differently. You have to experiment and try different things and slowly you learn to look at something and you can almost start to visualize what it will look like before you actually take the picture. It alot of fun but you take alot of bad ones along the way. You guys only see the ones I like. You don't see the umpteen zillion I deleted. HEHE The more you practice, the more you will start to see outside the box.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  07:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said:
quote:

The more you practice, the more you will start to see outside the box.

wow.....I just found that very inspirational.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very kewl, I wasn't really feeling all that philosophical this morning but if it inspired, I am truly happy!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.......it's just because whenever I try to write music or lyrics, I always come up with basic, run-of-the-mill stuff......and someTIMes I think that I just have the capacity to be able to come up with something original.......but that post just made me feel better.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am glad my words could make you feel better. Rarely do my words have a positive effect. They generally incite people to anger and defensive behavior patterns. So nice when I can speak from the heart and have it taken to heart. Joyous day, joyous day!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  10:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm glad that your making me feel better makes you feel better.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Feel the LOVE!!! I am getting all gushy inside.

Hey Kevin, I really liked this one:

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, I have to know, what is it reflecting in? I can't tell. It is really kewl! Is it water or some kind of metal?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  3:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bet you liked all the PERPL.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  6:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy: the reflection, believe it or not, is on the back of my best friends brand new Mustang convertable. (I took the pic out of the back window while the car was moving) It's one of my favoites as well!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  11:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It kind of looks (I use this word figuratively) like the pier in Santa Monica......maybe because the reflection makes it look like the ocean is underneath it.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  07:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, that is very kewl!!! Was it my accident or design? I have discovered really kewl stuff like that by accident all the TIMe. I was taking pictures of my face reflecting on the passenger window of the van at nite using the light from the top of the digital camera to illuminate and reflect my face on the window. Some came out kinda kewl, very dark and sinister. Hopefully they will be posted on the website at some point.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  4:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The reflection part was by accident, but I'm glad it came out the way it did. I'm looking forward to seeing those ones you are talking about.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000