New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, the Lewis/Tyson fight was here this weekend and so were a ton of celebs...
I saw somebody Coleman from the Redskins, Tim Hardaway, Jamie Foxx, David Hasselhoff, Ashanti (?), Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, and Denzel Washington.

Stayed up until 4 am to see Denzel. Glad I got to!

Just wanted to share! Things like this don't happen in Memphis.

-Krystal

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  5:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very kewl Krystal! Glad to hear about your excitement. I think I would have stayed up until 4 to see Denzel too!

Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew you were a cool chick, Liz. :o)

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  5:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Were there any Germans there to see David Hasselhoff?

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What do Germans have to do with David Hasselhoff?

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It just has to do with the fact theory Germans LOVE David Hasselfhoff.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  11:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's with that picture? Because that sure doesn't look like Wusselhoff to me.

Jamie Foxxx. Ha. You're into those kinds of movies, huh, krystal?

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's an inside joke i guess....for people that watched SNL when Norm was on Weekend Update.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In norm voice, and the worst job for its second year in a row, Assistant Crack Whore.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri, David Hasselhoff actually makes music (if you want to call it that) and his music is HUGE in Germany.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
the Lewis/Tyson fight

I dunno if anyone saw that, but my step mom works for charter and they give her some kinda discount, so she ordered it (it cost something like 65 dollars to watch, so I was told ) It sucked, Tyson was getting his ass whooped the whole time.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We ordered the fight here as well... major disappointment. Tyson did not show up at all. I hope they both retire.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, I just remembered how hilarious Tyson sounds when he's cussing out Lewis.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  01:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha Tyson sounds so pussy with that high-pitched voice and lisp... it cracks me up to hear him speak every time he opens his mouth.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  01:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funniest thing he said was when one of the guys asked him how he relaxes:

"Well, I call my sister to video tape my pigeons up in New York, and she sends me the tape, and it relaxes me"

Hhaha, did you hear that part Silky?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  01:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed I did... and we all looked at each other and said, in uinson, "Did he just say he watched tapes of his pigeons all day?" He definitely ranks about a 9.9 on my all time freak-o-meter.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  01:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last punch dealt to Tyson, when he fell over and lost, and the blood running down from his eyes and mouth, my dad said in a funny voice, trying to imitate Tyson,

"I want my pigeons" Haha, classic.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  08:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One has to wonder... is he on medication? I have NEVER seen him so calm before/during/after a fight. He honestly seemed sedated. It was almost kind of eerie given what an animal he usually is.
-J

Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  09:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too watched the fight and we made fun of the pigeons comment all night. We also thought it was great when he said (in the Tyson lisp) "I'm a Tyrannosaurus, I'm going to bite his brains". I seriously think he is not firing on all cylinders.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  10:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping that would've showed the whole press conference event, well, they did, but only a minor clip with a bunch of people pulling them off one another. Did anyone see that?

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  5:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tyson has to be on some kind of drug to come up w/all the stupid stuff he says

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  9:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to tyson's credit, however, at least the bout did not end in a disqualification on either fighter's side. i mean, people (me, in particular) were sincerely concerned for lewis' health. tyson has resorted to cannabilism in the past to get his way out of a fight, per his modus operandi up 'till this point.

towards the end of the fight, i felt tyson was tryin' to seek somesort of redemption for the evil he has done. i mean, lewis' was just punishin' this dude causin' a cut over each eye, and what i believe to be a broken nose goin' into the eigth. but tyson treaded forth eatin' right upper cut after right upper cut. perhaps he felt that he needed to pay for some of the things he's done in his life, and takin' a beatin' from lewis' at that moment in time...was somesort of restitution for said sins.

as far as celebrity sightings...i saw dave matthews in a qfc in wallingford, near the u.district. although, it was awhile back.

mgodinez.

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  9:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was glad to see Tyson get his face beat in. He deserved it after all the trash talk he said to Lewis. "I'm gonna eat your children"-mike tyson to Lewis, what kind of person says stuff like that? He should of never been able to fight he is crazy. Lewis showed what a real boxer can do and that he is defiently the best in the world at the moment. Lewis sould retire on top with the unified titles and Tyson should retire as a loser because thats what he is!

Just thought I would put my two sense in on the subject

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2002 :  6:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Krystal, good to see you back in the fold.

As for Tyson being on sedatives, I very seriously doubt it. There was clause in the contract that stated if either fighter(obviously aimed more at Tyson)should behave in an unsportsman like manner or cause the fight to be ended by similar silliness then they would have to pay a LARGE sum of money. To my understanding this is the first TIMe any kind of clause like that was added to a contract. That is probably the reason he seemed so tamed. He was probably just thinking of his pocketbook and not ready to take a chance on losing some badly needed money.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2002 :  7:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, a little info for you on David Hasselhoff and his spurious German connections:

Despite his enormous success as an actor, David's childhood dream of being a pop singing star had, by the late 1980s, was not yet fulfilled. However, when he crossed paths with noted German record producer, Jack White, his dream soon became a reality. The timing of the release of the single, 'Looking for Freedom,' came as the end of the Cold War was to hit central Europe simultaneously. The song quickly became an anthem for the German people. The single raced to the number one spot on the German charts, where it remained for eight consecutive weeks in 1989.

The album, 'Looking for Freedom,' hit the top of the German charts as well, staying there for three months. It went gold and triple platinum in Europe while on its way to becoming Germany's number one selling album of the year (Madonna's album was runner-up). David was named 'Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year' in Germany. This honor was followed up by a 20 city standing-room-only tour, with David playing to well over 250,000 adoring European fans.
Two German newspapers ran front page banner headlines screaming 'Hasselhoff, Not Since Elvis!' and 'Hasselhoff, Not Since The Beatles!' He has toured on two more occasions-in 1992 and 1994, and has since released six more albums in Europe including 'You Are Everything,' produced by Grammy-winning engineer/producer, Bruce Swedien.

The most thrilling performance of his entire career, however, came when David was invited to perform 'Looking for Freedom' live on top of the Berlin Wall, New Year's Eve, 1989. 'It was the first time Germany had been unified, and close to a million East and West German fans stood together in the freezing cold at midnight, watching me perform. I was overcome with emotion,' said David.

He has toured on two more occasions, in 1992 and 1994, and has since released six more albums in Europe and one in the United States. Currently, Hasselhoff is recording an album to be released in 2001. He is especially excited about this project as it marks the first time he will be singing in Spanish.

A superstar in Europe, David is now bringing his music home to the U.S. His latest album, 'David Hasselhoff,' was recently released in the United States, and he premiered the album's single, 'Fallin' in Love' during a live performance on 'The Tonight Show' (NBC). During the Fall of 1996, while production for 'Baywatch' was in full swing, he took to the road on weekends and completed a hectic tour schedule, performing at several state fairs across the country.

In November, David traveled to Taipei and gave a live performance at 'The Hard Rock Cafe.' His performance was be broadcast on the 'Star Network' which carries programming throughout Asia, India and the Middle East to approximately 220 million viewers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I think I liked this line the best:

he took to the road on weekends and completed a hectic tour schedule, performing at several state fairs across the country.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  9:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My friends found this site where he was singing "Hooked on a Feeling" with a bizzare backround. It was pretty hilarious. I think it was something like davidhasselhoff.net or davidhasselhoff.com.........But I know it's not those two........DAMN! I can't remember!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  10:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All right!!!!!!! I found it! It's at the bottom of the page.

http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toysclub/

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000