Top 5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  11:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
who is on everybody's top five list of guitar gods I think mine goes
1. Segovia (he is a genius classical player from awhile ago)
2. Hendrix
3. Clapton
4. Ottman Liebert (New flamenco guitarist)
5. Tim

And there are so many that I left out but thats all that came to my head I know I am missing a lot!

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

And there are so many that I left out but thats all that came to my head I know I am missing a lot!

1> If this is a top five list (which it is) then how could you be missing a lot. I see five names there, which means you didn't miss any.

2> And should this really be in the TRelated Topics?

3> Not big on punctuation, are you?

4> I'll definately have to check out Ottman Liebert. Is there anything on audiogalaxy...wait, I can just check that myself...

5> By "classical player" do you mean classical guitar (as in classical music, not just an actual physical classical guitar)? I think that's cool, so maybe I'll have to check him out, too.

6> Who are Hendrix and Clapton? They play the guitar?

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  03:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is a really hard question, but I think it would have to be TIM..my brother Joe..Dave (I love his rythms, so he's a rythm God to me)..Jimi Hendrix..and Stevie Ray Vaughan (I think BB King is in there somewhere)...But that is a really hard list/decission to make. Oh and theres lots of Classical players I lie

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  09:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Tim
2. Jimi hendrix
3. john petrucci(dreamtheater)
4. Steve Vai
5. joe Satriani

the last three are the current G3 guys, they freaking shred soo hard and fast!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  6:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sorry I don't meet your standards Genome. I'll try harder next message

Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  6:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote

quote:

1> If this is a top five list (which it is) then how could you be missing a lot. I see five names there, which means you didn't miss any.

3> Not big on punctuation, are you?

seems like every message I post you are the fist to reply and usually its in a negative way. Why is that?

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  7:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mainly because I'm an asshole. But there could be extenuating circumstances.

Go to Top of Page

groovologist
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  7:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Send groovologist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

#5 on Ginos list was Tim so I think it qualifies as "Tim Related"

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Understood.

And Ginohassideburns, my whole post wasn't negative. I suppose you didn't notice that. In fact, it ended on a positive note. Here's how I meant it to break down. One through three were suggestions of a sort...I know you don't want my suggestions, but I accidentally put them down anyway, and then just left them. Four and five were acknowledgments of your knowing guitarists I'm not familiar with. I was basically bowing to your prowess. The sixth and final point was humor, intended to lighten the mood of one thru three.

My basic point was contained in point four and five. I just had to have the extra fluff in there for no real reason.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Gino, Ottman is actually OttmaR Liebert... just thought you might like to know in case you were having trouble finding his music online. You'll do much better to search him out sans the 'n'. Good picks, by the way. Most people are clueless to guys like Andres Segovia, Pepe Romero, or Alirio Diaz. All good stuff.
-J

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My top five not including anyone mentioned yet...

in no order:
1. Django Reinhardt
2. Michael Hedges
3. Paco de Lucia
4. Martin Taylor
5. John Mclaughlin

there's also Jerry Douglas, Al di Meola, Keb Mo, and Charlie Hunter.

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  12:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

3. Paco de Lucia
5. John Mclaughlin

Right on!

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  03:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for correcting the spelling on Ottmar Liebert I think I overread that as I was trying to type fast. His latest cd kicks major ass! And Genome I am sorry if we both have been misunderstood of each other. I am a man of peace and peace I will bring to this forum.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  09:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Super...we can accept each other's piece....oops, no wait....PEACE. I was being an ass...didn't know I had made that a habit with your posts. I'll notice not to do that next time. I would answer your post question, but I don't want to commit myself to just five guitarists. I'll think on it, however.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  04:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ottman Liebert, good stuff.

---------------
"Little or no expectations leave more room for experiences."
-Victor L. Wooten

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  1:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for correcting the spelling on Ottmar Liebert I think I overread that as I was trying to type fast. His latest cd kicks major ass! And Genome I am sorry if we both have been misunderstood of each other. I am a man of peace and peace I will bring to this forum.

i saw him on trio, i was thoroughly amazed by his playing, and his back up band was good as shit! i like em!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000