STORY TELLERS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2002 :  11:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am watching TIM and Dave on Story Tellers right now, and I just had to let you know that they are great..!!!!!!

*~Kaleigh~*

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2002 :  11:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And I just have to say that this is absolutely amazing, especially the shots of TIMs hands, Dave is such a hopeless romantic (in a good way)

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2002 :  11:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, last thing, I am crying b/c this is soo damn cool, such beautiful music, from such beautiful people, with beautiful souls...and if I was one of those kids on the "Make a Wish Foundation" I would no dout about it want to meet Dave and TIM, Okay I will let you guys post now.I am sure my cheezy-ness is getting on everyones nerves.

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  03:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am getting even closer to 100 posts....woo hoo

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  08:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I personally would love to see them tape a TIM REYNOLDS
storytellers. That would blow a lot of minds for sure!

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  11:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be awesome.

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim Reynolds on Storytellers would be confusing and scary, trust me. Have you never heard his stream of thought? If his stories were like that (which I imagine they would be) then I'll bet it would be as hard as hell to follow.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  12:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good point

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tim Reynolds on Storytellers would be confusing and scary, trust me. Have you never heard his stream of thought? If his stories were like that (which I imagine they would be) then I'll bet it would be as hard as hell to follow.

I have spoken with Tim and he was extremely coherant and intelligent. We talked about history.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  2:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The only problem is the VH1 execs would be like "Where's Dave? I figured if we taped this in Seattle he'd show up"

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EEK!
quote:
the VH1 execs would be like "Where's Dave?

I can't imagine seeing TR do his stuff and then asking Where's Dave?
More like "Dave? Who's Dave?

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  4:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have spoken with Tim and he was extremely coherant and intelligent. We talked about history.

I have spoken with Tim also, and he was extremely stream of consciousness.

I'm not questioning his intelligence. I'm just thinking that based on things I've heard him say during concerts (yes, just HIS concerts), he'd come up with some pretty crazy stuff for Storytellers. But I'm sure it would be great. I'd love to see it.

And if for storytellers he decided to be extremely coherent and intelligent, then all the better. I'd love to hear his thoughts on his songs.

I think we're on the same page here. I'm not trying to disagree with you.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  9:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am sooo jealous of you people who have talked to TIM, you know how people tell you "if you want something bad enough you'll get" or put your mind to it..or whatever, well one day I will meet both TIM and Dave.

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  9:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw the T&D storyteller show for the first TIMe.
Of course sitting there hoping there would be continual
camera shots on Tim's hands. Personally I thought they
panned in on Dave playing a little too often while Tim
was playing some incredible stuff next to him and the camera
would only be on Dave. But on the other hand there are some
great shots of TR doing his slide magic....just not enough.
During one of the best TR parts the camera is panning behind him.
I couldn't believe it. Keep the camera pointed on his
hands for crying out loud.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  9:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly which part you are talking about, I freaked..

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  6:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe they could put TR on Unplugged instead of on Storytellers, then he wouldn't have to talk about the songs. He could "let the music do the talking".

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All the better (letting his guitar magic do the talking and all). I've never been much of a storyteller myself, it takes the right questions, and the right time to tell something). I think Dave is gifted in the fact that he can tell a story a bring in right into a song. Dave's storytellers FEATURING as it says on the show: TIM Reynolds is brilliant and doesn't appear in full on most videos, but it is awesome and pure. Personally I don't think I'd like to hear either a Storytellers or an Unplugged until TR is ready to do one b/c frankly I don't think I've found a particular genre of music that has really defined him, whereas with the other musicians on those shows, you definately can see a pattern. Either way, when it's TIMe to do a show like that, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I just hope we're on the guest list........ ;)
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I would enjoy TIM on "unplugged"

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2002 :  9:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe they should do 2 shows to show the diversity and ability. UNPLUGGED and also a PLUGGED show. They could call the unplugged one Where's Dave and the plugged show Who's Dave.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2002 :  1:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe they should do 2 shows to show the diversity and ability. UNPLUGGED and also a PLUGGED show. They could call the unplugged one Where's Dave and the plugged show Who's Dave.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

LOL!

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  03:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flaming joeMOE anyone?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  11:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim unplugged would be fantastic, it would defiently be better than Jay-Z unplugged. I talked to Tim after a concert once and I was wearing a Billabong shirt and he said " Hey man, I like your shirt" and I said "Thanks" then he said " I like the last part of that word" and gave a chuckle. Tim is God in so many ways.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  02:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FLAMING HOMER?

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  05:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Call me old fashioned, but I like my homosexuals FLAAAAAMIIIIINNNGGG!!!" Homer S.

A Flaming Homersexual!!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  01:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As long as I got to go and got copies of both, I'd LOVE to see TIM do Unplugged AND Storytellers. That would be amazing. Maybe he could combine the two and just do

Storyplugged

or

Untellers

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe we could just call it.......

GORY SLUGG SELLERS

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  06:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be sick to hear a plugged in and TR Unplugged show, I think Live did an unplugged show a couple years back then plugged in, but with TIM's repertoire he wouldn't need to repeat any songs! A Storytellers session would be awesome though, with his history/discography there could be some good ones and maybe he would FEATURE some other artists like M. Soko., Greg Howard, or Dave (if Dave was lucky!). But seriously, I just hope by doing one of those shows he doesn't get defined in one of those genre's like he got stuck in after the TR and Dave tour...
Peace Be With
-WBB
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  06:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You hit the nail on the head, quite observant of you. That is probably the exact reason he would never do one of those, for fear of having to live in the shadow of it for the rest of existence. But it sure would be kewl. We can dream can't we.

or we could call it....

Punter Slurry Tuggers

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  9:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I still find it funny when bands go on "unplugged" and they're playing an electric guitar or an electric bass.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000