New Chili Peppers Single
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Click on the fallowing link to listen to it, it might take am min to load, (longer for those of u on dial up) but it will play trust me.

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/index.htm

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  6:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha I just heard that on the way home from work :P

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  6:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard 2 more from the RHC's soon to be released stuff. A friend whose a DJ in San Diego just sent me some promo stuff. It sounds a lot like Blood Sugar. I might be wishfully hoping, but I hope this latest is similar to BSSM. THAT would be great! I wasn't really impressed with their last release.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the new single sounds alot like 1 Hot Minute. Alot of people didn't like that album, even though I think I liked it more than Californication. If the new one's like BSSM, that would be wicked. I doubt they'll ever be able to recapture BSSM's Magik though, but it does have one simularity already... It's the 2nd album in a row w/ Fruciante on guitar just like BSSM was..

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey good point! I didn't even think of that. The guitar work does seem similar. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  1:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Red Hot Chili Peppers one of those bands that it's ok to like? I know there are so many (Blink, et al) that we aren't allowed to like on simple principle. But I often can't tell what I'll get burned for liking.

Not that what anyone says changes my opinion, but it might change what I say about the band. For example, I like Bush, but I wouldn't say that here. Damnit... And Weezer, too, for that matter.

So I guess I'll just go with the assumption that they're ok to like. Anyone want to fill me in on the qualifications. Yes, I know they have some good musicians. Qualifications other than that...

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  2:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What makes the Chilis good and "ok to like", is that their music is original. I mean, there's really not another band to compare them to. And after ten years they're still putting out the same type of music they were back then. They do their own thing and if people like it, even better.

Personally, I think Californication was the best album of 99(I hadn't realized it was so long ago!), and I don't think they will be able to top it. But I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  11:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love weezer too, fan since the blue album.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  11:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Personally, I think Californication was the best album of 99(I hadn't realized it was so long ago!), and I don't think they will be able to top it. But I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

They topped it in 91, they can do it again...

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  12:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, since the blue album for me too.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is Red Hot Chili Peppers one of those bands that it's ok to like? I know there are so many (Blink, et al) that we aren't allowed to like on simple principle. But I often can't tell what I'll get burned for liking.

You know it really is 'ok to like' ANYONE... I hope you don't think that everyone here will honestly burn you for liking someone that might not strike a chord with most of us here. Giving a little flame to a n00b every once-in-a-while helps to keep away the kids that are more of the 'nancies' crowd of 'Timmy' fans. But for someone we know, don't hold back because you aren't sure if most of the people here agree with you. Just be prepared for a little teasing if it's someone REALLY bad. :)
-J

EDIT: Upon furthur thought, I have decided to deem Rod Stewart as an unacceptable interest. That is all.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2002 :  8:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
their new video is on their site now too. suprisingly great quality for streaming video, (if u have cable)

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/mmedia/index.htm

Go to Top of Page

groovologist
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2002 :  8:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Send groovologist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And after ten years they're still putting out the same type of music they were back then.

Its been more like 20 years, and if you listen to their first release and then californication you probably wouldnt guess that they are the same band, theyve really evolved, personally i liked the older stuff more but that doesnt mean i dont like the new.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000