what do you prefer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TimReynolds99
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  1:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Send TimReynolds99 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
do you prefer tim alone, or dave and tim
dave

im looking to B+P shows of TIMs with letting go in the setlist

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  3:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim solo.

D+T is great, but it doesnt showcase tim at his best. Its Dave with wonderful backup from tim, and thats really it. I love D+T, but Tim solo is definately more to my taste, accoustic or electric.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  3:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR ELECTRIC... sans dave.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TIM!of course!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  4:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave and Tim without hesitation. And the thing that's so good about D&T concerts is that you get Tim solo too.
I actually think that he shows more ability in some ways when he plays with Dave. Alot of it you just can't hear because of Dave's voice and guitar, but there's always so much brilliant stuff going on in the background. I love listening to L@LC and picking out new things I haven't ever heard before.
Of course, I still love Tim solo, that's why I'm here, but I prefer the duo.

Go to Top of Page

The Master
Is Anybody Here?

10 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  6:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Send The Master an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave and Tim. As much as I love Timmy, when he's with Dave they just seem to click soo damn well. Dave writes great songs, and Tim adds soo much to those songs, alot that's not even apparent unless you really listen.

Signature? Uhhh...I have bad handwriting...
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  8:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pure tim, pure genius

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  9:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dave and tim, but do it where tim plays solo for like a short set, then joins dave matthews later. essentially it's what dave and tim have already done, but a helluva lot more tim solo!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

FeelingDoors
Is Anybody Here?

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  5:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being that I've seen both sides of the arguement, I really can't say i prefer one or the other. I mean, Dave Matthews is an amazing musician, and Tim is equally if not greater a musician as well. Together they make some really great music. Like Jamie M said, it's really cool to listen to all of the stuff going on behind dave. You might not pick up on it at first, but it's awesome. Tim solo though, that is a show. It's just mind-blowing. Definitely equally awesome.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, Everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
definitely TIM!! surprise surprise. I may be the only person on the board who did not discover TR thru DMB.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope! I discovered him because of you, not DMB.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats right!!! 2 of a kind!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  01:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I discovered TIM through Dave, and I don't think I could pick...they are both phenomenal.

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000