Fluffy - music recomendations.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some great cds you and the cREW might want to look into. Some are really viciously heavy, but hey, thats right up everyones ally

Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait
In Flames - The Jester Race / Whoracle / Colony
Moonspell - Wolfshade / Irreligious
Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen (early 90s grunge rock, but its fucking increadible)

if anyone else wants to swap some recomendations, doesnt matter what type of music, im up for it :)

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  9:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You like ambient music, right Erich? I finally got Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works Volume II. All I can say is DAMN. This is exactly what I look for when it comes to electronic music.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  9:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I only hear good things about Aphex Twin, so im definatly going to look at that next. Another good band, ambient yet with a great rock edge:

The Gathering

All stuff from Mandylion on, with the female singer, is brilliant.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  07:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR is a huge Aphex Twin fan, we were just talking about them the other day. I am already quite familiar with The Afghan Whigs. I love them. I will definitely look into the others. Thanx for the tip. Always looking for new music.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  07:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey EWaH, have you ever heard the AW song "Milez is Ded"? You can check it out at this link if you haven't heard it, it is my fave AW song.

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/music/artist/songs/0,,395729,00.html

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  6:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hey EWaH, have you ever heard the AW song "Milez is Ded"? You can check it out at this link if you haven't heard it, it is my fave AW song.

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/music/artist/songs/0,,395729,00.html

thanks, i'll go check. i was never familiar with them until Gentelmen was played on the radio back in the early 90s (read: while Erich was in JHS), and since then i was obsessed with that song. just recently i picked up the album, and its been a while since i was blown away by an album in a long time, and My Curse is on constant repeat. too bad they broke up

another great heavy album:

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2002 :  03:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OPETH ROCKS!!! We have been jamming alot of them on the last 2 TR tours thanx to Mr(c)Rew. Both TR and I have bought CDs by Opeth because of Rew's influence. We are all 3 big fans.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000