New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  7:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That guy (Jay Leno)is probably the lamest person I've ever heard talk...but anyway. DMB was pretty good, they played, "Where are you going" It's a pretty good song, but I think it's leaning into the POP genre. (Ah shit). Boyd doesn't do much in that song, just lightly strums this violin. Just wondering if anyone else saw it and what they think of the song.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM LIVE HERE IN ATL!

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  8:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I saw it, Jay Leno sucks ass, I can't believe I had to sit through an hour and thirty minutes of that crap to see Dave perform for like 4 min. It was bullshit.

---------------
"Little or no expectations leave more room for experiences."
-Victor L. Wooten

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  8:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More importantly did anyone see Gov't Mule on Kilbourn? I fucking can't beleive I forgot about it!! ARGH!

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  9:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I forgot about it... and turned it on exactly as Leno was introducing them. I like the song... I think it will be one that will probably grow on you as you hear it more and more. Leno can definitely be a chode, but he can be funny sometimes too.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  9:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shit, i got an email from the kind people at dmb official site, today, saying that dave was on leno, yesterday. i missed it!!!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  06:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely forgot when Busted Stuff is going in stores? June or July??

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It will be released in stores on July 16th. You can preorder it for 14 bucks on the DMB website and enter a contest.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=771&band_id=341

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  4:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Liz. I appreciate the link.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  8:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Your welcome HTG.

Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw DMB on Leno, I just love that song. You can download it from the dmband.com site if you haven't heard it yet.

Glad you made it home, Liz!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  1:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Krystal! It was tough getting on that plane home. I met and hung out with some very good people in Cali. I'll admit I had a couple tears on the plane. I miss everyone and hope to see them again someTIMe! Maybe this can become an annual event? Sounds like fun to me!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2002 :  9:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to download a studio leak of that song, it's so great. I've been practicing too.......in all the free time I have. sigh*

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  08:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only got a live version of it, but there is flute playing. It sounds pretty sweet, but I think more DMB songs should have a flute.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  8:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard a live version of it earlier today, along with "You'll never know" that song is amazing, anyone out there heard it? DMB at it's BEST!

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  9:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bah...We should have gotten this album a year ago...
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  1:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
JTR, i completely agree. a little over a year ago, we should have gotten this one.

reese

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  2:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that I won't get it, but this new album just seems like too little too late for a group of artists I've lost a lot of respect for in the last year or so.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000