One day...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  7:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jonny decided to construct a car out of meat loaf. This was no ordinary meat loaf...this was RED meat loaf! And O! the children could hear the bells ringing! Jonny ate his car, leaving the aluminum shell outside for the crows. While eating his supper, no one even knew he was inside the shed, chewing on pine needles.

God damn...im tiiiiiiiiiiiiired. Me and two friends dressed up all crazy, walked to a little league game...and got harrassed by eight year olds. Then thier parents came and told US to stop harrassing thier kids. They yelled at us, kicked us oot, and told us never to come back. I retaliated by telling them (this was at a church, by the way) that they shouldn't accuse people of things just because of the way they dress. It was bullshit! This dude approached me and asked me if I "Was under the influence of Marijuana." I said, of course not...at...the moment! He then told me to stop harrassing his kids. I told him that the kids were harrassing US, and that they called us stupid. The man said i was lying, when one of the kids approached him, and told him EXACTLY what happened. He still thought we were harrassing his kids. So i said, " Follow God's example! DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE ON THE WAY THEY DRESS!" To this, he stood there, turned red, and left. It was great!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  7:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funnily enough, there is no specific word in the german language for mind; however, there are enough "Narrow-MINDed" people in existence over here that there is a word for that (engstirnig). Food for thought. Maybe one day people will stop being so BLIND to different ideas and the such, and start being blind to something else beneficial like color, race, or class.
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  7:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's too bad that people are that way. You can't judge a book by it's cover. I'm happy you were proven right in the matter! Hey Jay, keep dressing the way you LIKE, not the way people want you to dress.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  9:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a fun experiment. Hey, do you know what kind of church it was that you went to? Just curious....I mean, what denomenation was it?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  12:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it was a roman catholic. i can't tell much casue im at school and i'l prolly gete in trouble.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ha, u tell em jay.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  8:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome stuff Jay!!!

My hair's getting out control. Haven't really cut it in about 6 months or more. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something crazy with it as soon as I get home from my court date. A mowhawk maybe? Why not. Haven't decided what funky color it should be yet. I'm one of six kids in my class of over 400 who got an award for our performace on the PSAT, also I think the second highest score out of those six(with a 1350), and that will be recognized at the awards show this year. Showing up with a mohawk, having done more mind expanding substances than probably anyone else in the school, and receiving an award for academic achievement... how's that for breaking a stereotype or two.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya....I only wish I get the same score on my real SATs as I did on the PSATs.....800 in math. Actually......I don't really care about SATs because I got into the college I wanted to.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya....

They can help you get into cool summer programs for geeks. I tutored for a program like that at MIT.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:28:07 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My school didn't even take the SAT. We did the ACT, which I think is more or less useless outside the South. Which is where I am, so it doesn't really matter. Hell it doesn't matter now anyway because I'm out of college, but anyway...I had the highest ACT score in my county when I graduated. Not tooting my horn or anything...there were people plenty smarter than me. Maybe I just take tests well, I don't know.

But that's super cool that you're really smart and still get to not be all nerdy and stuff. I wasn't nerdy, but I wasn't mister do my own thing, either. So kudos to you.

Maybe you should do a mullet. Or do like Egyptians and shave all but a patch and either braid or put it in a ponytail.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Really??? Why wasn't I invited?......oh yeah.....my english score.....

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya

Well, maybe not, but it still gets me recognition at the awards show and my name in the paper. I only scored 10 points lower on the real thing anyway though. And that doesn't really do anything for me either. Full Sail, as awesome as it is, doesn't require SATs I don't think.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I had the highest ACT score in my county when I graduated. Not tooting my horn or anything...

That's awesome Jason. A great accomplishment which earnes you the right to a little tooting.

quote:
Maybe you should do a mullet.

Hey now, I'm not that crazy!

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When it comes down to it, the highest ACT in my county isn't saying that much. It's a small county (maybe MAYBE 30,000 people) and they are mostly redneck dumbasses. So my competition was minimal.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got the highest SAT score in my household.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh and on a side note, I was third in my class of 80 (yes, eighty). I took all the hard classes and everything and my damn girlfriend beat me for salutatorian by two one hundredths of a point. I think I had a 98.6 average and she had a 98.8 average for high school. Ok now maybe I'm tooting my horn.

tooot............tooot....

(If someone can get that quote, then I'll be DAMN impressed.)

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

tooot............tooot....

ummmmm......The Little Engine That Could?

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think I can, I don't think I can

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's a movie.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not joking... Saving Private Ryan perhaps?

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  10:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alex P. Keaton said those words on Family Ties once. But that's not a movie, so I'll keep trying.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  11:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You've gotta say it like it's written.....ssslllooowwwlllyyy... Think...gold tooth.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  07:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PSAT's can indeed help you besides getting into a summer nerd program: it's also the "National Merit Award" test, so you can get tons of scholarships. Either way, I didn't qualify, but I did better on the real SAT (or I should say SAT I since they changed it a bit), just food for thought. And don't tell me that's from Pootie Tang...
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My advice is to crank high scores on SAT's. I'm presently trying to get into Johns Hopkins graduate school. I have a BS a BSN and part of a Master's degree, been on the Deans list all thru college. Have work experiences from my present job that have been nationally recognized and JH wants to see my SAT scores. At this point I don't think they should matter but they do! EEK and as you can probably tell....I didn't do so well on them..."but I'm smart now really I is"

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
My hair's getting out control. Haven't really cut it in about 6 months or more. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something crazy with it as soon as I get home from my court date. A mowhawk maybe?

Patrick I would suggest you appear in court with a nice clean cut hair and dress appropriately for the court. Then when you are done go for the mohawk or what ever makes you happy! I really don't want to see you judged unfairly. You are a very intelligent dude, work the system!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm presently trying to get into Johns Hopkins graduate school.

Evergreen I am extremely impressed! Good luck to you! Does that mean you would move down here?

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must say there are many very intelligent folks that post here.

I guess I'm not too shabby myself. I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA. I was also honored as the outstanding student in my class.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Liz!!! By the way THANX for the music you sent my secret squirrel. He's sooooo nice he let me take the CD home with me weeks ago and I can't get enough of it. You're awesome. Let me know what you'd like for live music(many bands, many shows) and I'll send you something.

I'm hoping to not have to live in Baltimore, I don't like it that well there. One of the programs I'm interested in is strictly online. I've been applying for jobs in many other states so I'm not sure where I'll end up and online is the way to go.

And we do have a bunch of intelligent chaps here don't we. It's partly why this board is so fun.....Smart is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Evergreen I just adore your secret squirrel! You are so lucky to have such an amazing and wonderful friend! Glad you enjoy the music! Somehow I screwed up one song on it, so once I get my musicmatch program working again I'll be sending a revised copy. I'm very interested in trading some music with you. If I ever get my DMB shows converted I'll gladly get you hooked up with them!

Baltimore is an entirely different world from where you live, but it's a nice city. I hope the online classes work out for you.

quote:
It's partly why this board is so fun.....Smart is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more!!!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh by the way, we still must plan on the roller-coaster fest someTIMe! Fox news is covering the roller-coasters at Six Flags right now and it's getting me excited! LOL! The Jokers Jinx is quite awesome!

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  10:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Magic Mountain in LA..thats my latest wish. 2 new coasters X and Deja Vu. They both look sooooo fun. Maybe you've seen them if your checking 6 Flags parks. I want to find a coaster that has speakers for loud music mounted on the shoulder harnesses somewhere. Blast a little Tool during the ride...wouldn't that be the shit?

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  10:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I guess I'm not too shabby myself. I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA. I was also honored as the outstanding student in my class.

Not too shabby at all!

quote:
Patrick I would suggest you appear in court with a nice clean cut hair and dress appropriately for the court. Then when you are done go for the mohawk or what ever makes you happy! I really don't want to see you judged unfairly. You are a very intelligent dude, work the system!

Oh yes, the system will be worked! Like I said, if I do it it'll probably be the day I have court, but not until I get home. But yes, I'll have to get a picture of me that day... I'll probably never look so preppy again.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  10:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Blast a little Tool during the ride...wouldn't that be the shit?

Very kewl, I must say!!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  10:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Not too shabby at all!

Thanks Patrick! It wasn't easy, I had migraine headaches really bad in college. My brain was stressed!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000