Fluffy...........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  07:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How's the tour going? I just wanted to know you you felt it is going so far? And what's the reaction by the audiences (that is, besides amazed).......

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  07:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever notice how many threads begin with Hey Fluffy?

Hey Fluffy hows it going?..... from me too!
Hope things are going great and the music is plentiful!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that better?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The shows have been going great!! The audiences are a little smaller than we would like, but we expected that. The Electric doesn't appeal to as many of the fans of DMB as say the acoustic. TIM puts on an electrifying show every nite. You can really tell how into it he is. The only real problem we had was on the first nite at the Bluebird again in Denver. They didn't really advertise it very well(probably because it was such short notice)and everyone came expecting acoustic. From about the 3rd song on everyone was SCREAMING acoustic! TR finally mooned the crowd(pants ON) and spanked his backside to a rousing bunch of screams for ACOUSTIC. Ironically, as I told TR later, we play there with an acoustic set and they won't shut up and listen. We go back and play electric and all they scream is for acoustic. I told TR he should have just said, "Hey when I was here playing acoustic you wouldn't shut up and listen, now I am here playing electric and you want acoustic. Why bother, you aren't gonna shut up to hear it!" Other than that first show, we really haven't had a problem with it. In fact at the second show, some guy screamed acoustic and the rest of the audience told him to shut and yelled for TR to play what you want. It was pretty kewl. I think when more guitar players discover TR he will get the crowds that really appreciate what HE does as TR. Right now I think that most guitar players never discover the genius of TR because they don't give him the chance because they think how good could he be, he is the guitar player for DMB. In alot of guitar hero circles that is not good credentials. We know better. Slowly everyone will discover what we know. When guitar players discover this great guitarist Tim Reynolds instead of overlooking that guy from DMB the crowds will increase for TR and the audience will be more receptive to TR's special brand of genius. Give them TIMe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They will eventually come over to our side.........

But that sounds really kewl!!! I can't wait for the Hollywood one!! I'm sure that enthuTIMsiast, Liz, tericee, and I will shoot anyone down who screams for acoustic. Wow...how can those people be such assholes?

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim's playing electric on this tour? And people were conplaining...EEK!! Wow! where is he tonight? I bet if I hurry I can make it! I'm in an airport now.

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TIM needs to tour with Judas Priest for a year so he can lose the infidels! I love Dave's music, but I sure as hell don't expect to hear any Dave when I go to a concert with somebody that has toured with DMB before. I love even more what TR can do with a guitar, he's what made Dave sound so good before, and I think people want a reprisal of that... TIMe will seperate the true believers/those who understand...
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Seattle WA, Graceland 6pm, no opening act. PURE TIM REYNOLDS!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoa, this is an electric tour?

hehe..

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So if it's an electric tour.......does that mean he's going to play an electric guitar?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With REAL electricity?

Won't that be dangerous?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Only if he stands too near to the assholes.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  09:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So if a guitars electromagnetic waves are the same as the human body's(they are, this is not a question)..... can certain music synchronize the human body, change the wave form, and is this what we call music therapy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  09:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think what it means is that the performer(guitarist)can play THRU the guitar by merely becoming one with his instrument(guitar)and letting the electromagnetic waves travel thru him and out the instrument. Musician becomes machine. Machine and musician become ONE.

And ONE is the loneliest number............

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000