Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Goodnight!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I wish I could stay up posting with everyone else because it seems like everyone is posting right now, and we've got some great things being said, but unfortunately I have a midterm tomorrow, so it's off to bed for me. Looking forward to reading everything in the morning though!

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Goodnite Kev, congrats on surviving the accursed 666 post. See ya tomorrow!! Good luck on the midterm!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  05:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow......you have a midterm tomorrow? My last day of actual classes is tomorrow......how strange.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Finals haven't even started here. And midterms were about half a semester ago.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

midterms were about half a semester ago.

That means that you're almost done, right?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been done for almost exactly a year. My girl is almost done with school, right.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  11:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be done a year from today...

OK it's time to get some fall tour dates confirmed, I need something to look forward to that isn't so long off.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  12:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man, finals and exams and midterms....i still have like 5 weeks before exams, stupid high school learning system...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Silky! I remember the days of school and how good it felt to be OUT!! Hopefully I will have some good news for you soon. Looking forward to seeing you. And good luck to you VWF, I also remember how much mid-terms and finals SUCKED!! Console yourself with the fact that it doesn't go on forever, eventually you will get out. Then onto the real world, what a joy that can be, Eh, Liz!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  5:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Then onto the real world, what a joy that can be, Eh, Liz!!!

That's for sure Fluffy! Wait until you get your first good paycheck and look at the deductions... It's absolutely depressing. I guess it's a good think you are a psych major, you can do your own psychotherapy! LOL! Is that even possible?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  5:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha I'm not even sure if I want to go into psychology... I am just planning on working doing whatever for a few years and then if I feel the need to go to grad school I will. I am a little more than burnt out right now when it comes to school.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky. I know you didn't ask for my opinion. But I want to give it to you. I graduated, and I thought, I'll just do whatever for a while. That's what I'm currently doing. I'm working at an office supply store. Nothing wrong with that.

But I'll tell you what, my suggestion is to move away from wherever you know people. It is one of the worst feelings in the world to have to tell someone that what you do is sell office supplies. Or mow yards. Sure I have a BS in Biology. Big wooopty dooo. All I do is sell office supplies.

So if you're interested at all in preventing that, then you might consider moving to somewhere you can do whatever and no one will know the difference.

OkOkOk, so that's a touchy spot with me right now. Maybe today is my low self-confidence day of the week, I don't know. If not, then I dread the rest...Anyway Silky, that's just my two cents.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  8:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I'll be allright. There is a great job market in my area with constant growth. I truly love my home and I am very close with my family so I'd say there's a very slim chance of my moving away when I get out of school. I really don't think that you should feel bad about selling office supplies. There really is nothing wrong with that at all.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  10:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I really don't think that you should feel bad about selling office supplies. There really is nothing wrong with that at all.

Hey Jason, hang in there. You are working and that is always good when applying for a new job. I hope your recent job application works out. You deserve it!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  09:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gotta be careful about the jobs you take, when I took my job at 9:30 club it was just gonna be part-time till I found something. That was 15 years ago. HEHE TIMe sure can slip away from you if you don't pay attention. Good thing I love my job.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky and Liz, thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping to hear from that application this week. I just hope they DO call this week and NOT next week when I'm not here. But I'll have my cell, and even tho I'll have to remortgage my left nut to pay for the cost of receiving a call while I'm out of state, I'll do it.

And Fluffy, I know exactly about what you're talking. My boss was in law school and he basically did the same thing you did. Took a job managing the Press and now, 13 years later he's still doing that. I feel for him, because I know he's way smarter than being an office supply store manager, but hell, that's what he does. That is one reason I'm starting to look right now, because I don't want to get trapped in that job. I know I could, and I know it would be easy for me.

So everyone still hope (or pray, whatever it is you do) for me to get that other job.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  08:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason, did a new job ever find you? Maybe I will discover a post about the subject as I get caught up on everything.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2002 :  9:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i werk becuaes i can!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
i werk becuaes i can!!!

I certainly hope your job doesn't require operating any dangerous machinery! Or spelling correctly! LOL! Just kidding Captain P !!!

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  7:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ha ha!!! good one liz. nope me job consists of sailin' me boat.

P.S pirates can't spell thats why we used signal flags to communicate between ships.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  9:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
God damn i laughed hard at that! GOod ones guys!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  10:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

P.S pirates can't spell thats why we used signal flags to communicate between ships.

....and I'll bet you screw that up as well!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000