calling all experts...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so where is a good place for a acoustic player like me to send some of his solo stuff?

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
desktop/recycle bin

-What-
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh c'mon, thats a little harsh i would say, especially to a fellow tim fan, lol. ill keep that in mind, but odds are wont go with the option givin.
-gives ya a A for effort, lol

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NKAD, I was just playin'. I have no idea where you should send your stuff.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lmao

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HA! Jason does that a lot! You never know what he will do next. He has a devilish side.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What did you say?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Post it somewhere online so we can listen and feel that much better about our own skills :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  12:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
rather shallow outlook, lmao, but nevertheless, i will post it for all to hear regardless..
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  8:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha I'm just kidding... I just hope it's not TOO painful on the ears.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  03:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! That's great Silky! Nothing like hazing the new guy huh? But I have to admit, whenevr someone new starts posting, I always have this premeditated view of them as newbies. But not only in the sense that they're new to the message board, but everything else. I gotta stop doing that. I bet he's better than me now that I've said this.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  09:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I refuse to toot my own horn, normally thats a no-no, but since you seem to be so interested, yea im pretty damn good, best musician im sure within 100 miles of here, and i live in louisville by the way. but who cares right? Im a message board newbie... no respect
Joe

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:13:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I said:
quote:

I bet he's better than me now that I've said this.

Thank you for proving my point, NAD.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok that sounded harsh, not how i meant it at all, i just meant im new here, but no where new to music, i was raised on violin, played it for 7 years classicaly, then i went on to classical guitar, which i still love to play, now i mainly write and record solo acoustic stuff, and i play lead in a electric original band, Yellow 5.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See? This is what I mean by newbie. Almost every comment made by me, enthuTIMsiast, and Silky are sarcastic. As we have said many TIMes before, it is pretty hard to write sarcasm into messages. I've only been playing guitar for 2 years now....and I'm gonna learn to play the violin in the summer (which starts in 9 days for me!!!!)

But I understand about not tooting your own horn. I'm the same way. I'm usually surprised to find that people I've known for months have just found out that I play guitar. The way I see it, people should like you for who you are, not what you know.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you need any help with the violin let me know, you know where to find my email address...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Will do! It shouldn't be too hard, since I already have some experience with playing a musical instrument (washboard, kazoo)....but it should still be pretty challenging, since there are no frets.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  12:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Almost every comment made by me, enthuTIMsiast, and Silky are sarcastic.

DAMNIT, I'M NEVER SARCASTIC!!

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Oh...a sarcasm-reading machine! Yeah! That's a real good invention!"

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  2:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Patrick is right, take nothing I say seriously... I'm just being a bastard and giving you a hard time. Not even because you are new, though. I would have said that to anyone, and chances are you are probably better than I am anyway.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Find a busy street dump some change in your guitar case and play your little heart out until some famous record exec walks by and signs ya on the spot.

I'm convinced thats how its gonna happen to me eh heh... heh... ehhhh.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  4:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And the only reason you aren't famous yet is because you haven't tried yet, right?

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think over at mp3.com you can sign up your own site for free, and you can post a certain amount of mp3's, not sure on the technicalities, but check it out and send us a link. Hope to hear them soon, I'd definately give it a listen.
Peace Be With
-WBB

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont care whos goon and who's not, im just hear to talk to fellow tim fans, and musicians, there are no better musicians, just different ones, some less liked than others i admit, lol... Joe

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That might be one of the best things ever said on this board.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  8:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

there are no better musicians, just different ones

You've obviously never heard me play (and I mean that in the I-really-am-THAT-bad sort of way.)

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  10:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast, are you better than the guy waiting outside the Atlanta gig playing DMB songs? HEHE remember him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  1:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh kill it kill it!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  2:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

EnthuTIMsiast, are you better than the guy waiting outside the Atlanta gig playing DMB songs?

Nope.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  10:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was that that pretentious young bastard who just fit the perfect description of an asshole?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  10:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe...he posted here a few TIMes. Hehe...he was all mad and yelly and stuff.

Yes, I did just make that word official.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  05:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And yet your signature remains to be passed by the board.......

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  09:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait...that didn't have anything to do with what we were talking about....

ah well. -what-ever.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  12:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yelly?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast said:
quote:
ah well. -what-ever.
NEVERMIND

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page