Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Anyone here like Victor Wooten:Live in America???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  6:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought the CD two days ago, and it's OK. I didnt expect all of the talking and singing involved during the songs. The only song that I think really stands out above the rest is "Yinnin and Yanging" It's got a sweet intro, and good lyrics. In my opinion, the VitalTechTones Cd is much better.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  8:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry 'bout that. Problem fixed.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  9:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
...and question erased.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  9:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with you, vital tech tones is a lot better. The girl rapper sucks on that cd. the music on it is kinda like trying to appeal to the r and b people. granted there are still good songs on there that i like, and hearing regi wooten actually go off on guitar is pretty cool. But it's kinda something you have to listen to to get into more, but i def. don't think its the best i've heard of victor wooten. Ironman cover is good though, very unexpexted.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  6:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, the woman rapping sucks. My copy is probably just going to sit around collecting dust.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  6:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking of getting Ying Yang, but I dunno. Tell me VWF, is it good?

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  7:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think "What did he Say" is his better solo cd. Yin Yang isn't that great IMO because one of the two discs is with wierd singing... like his daughter rapping and stuff.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yin Yang is pretty cool, but nowhere near as good as A Show of Hands or What Did He Say in my opinion. It's a great album, but really not a lot of what I like about Vic's playing.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  9:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's kinda like any other band. There first album(show of hands) is the the best, next is good, but not as good, and down the line. Ying yang is pretty good in the fact that it has carter playing drums on a few tracks, which is awesome! but it has some of that vocal work that just sucks so bad. i actually haven't heard hardly anything from what did he say. I never can find that one in any stores, and i don't order stuff off the net. but in my opinion ying yang is def. worth a listen!

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  10:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, Yin Yang is absolutely worth listening to. Like I said I just don't personally like it as much as the others. I'll have to respectfully disagree with you about bands' albums getting worse as they progress. For instance, two of my favorite bands... Pearl Jam and Radiohead. I loved PJ's Ten but compare it with what they're capable of now, and I must say I think they're capable of so much more these days. Same with Radiohead. Pablo Honey was just plain pitiful for the most part. The Bends was better. OK Computer was a masterpiece. Then Kid A, which is my personal favorite of theirs. A lot of people would probably disagree with me on both these bands, but I definitely think they grown incredibly as artists. And that's what great artists do as they gain experience.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  12:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is true there, my statement was a bit offbase, in my line of thinking it was early band material is the band's and not the producer's. But i didn't think about some bands that progress musically in there career(which i should have taken into account) my train of thought though was going bands and "selling out" in a sense.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  12:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I definitely see where that applies to a lot of bands then. Guess it just depends on what band we're talking about.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  12:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, it's just a toss-up that you have to discover for yourself, when listening to music.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000