Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Unbelievable story>>>
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  01:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
November 18 of 2000 my sister got married. When I got back from the wedding party, I had a few messages on my cell phone, all from one of my roommates who infomed me that my cat had gotten out of the apartment and run away. I looked for days but to no avail. It happened to be one of those freak weekends in the south where it snowed, so the outlook was bleak. I did not see her once since then. Anyway, to make a long story short... tonight, a year and a half later, she finds her way back completely out of the blue. My mind is oficially blown.
-J

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  06:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow! That is completely unbelievable. Like being told your father of husband died behind emeny lines, only for him to be at your doorstep one day. I think the longest I ever lost a dog (I've only had the same two cats forever, and they're allowed to go outside) was for like 15 minutes.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  07:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's incredible Silky. My mind is blown too. How's he doing?

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  09:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now that's out cattin' around! That's very cool she found her way back. Does she look like she has been outside all this TIMe or like someone has found her and taken care of her? Anyway, that is amazing she's back!

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had similar experiences with women, but never cats. Very impressive.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
crazy kats.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  11:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to be honest... I believe someone must have taken her in and either didn't see the flyers I put up, or just ignored them. She was pretty dirty so there really is no telling how long she was outside. But she is still very comfortable being inside, being picked up, using a litter box, and her claws are even trimmed. So I'm guessing someone across the way has had her all this time and she just got away from them, only to make it back to me by coincidence. It's crazy, but she definitely remembers me... she stayed in my room and slept on top of me just like she always did before she got away. It's like nothing ever happened. Animals definitely have it in them to give you a surprise every now and then... I think this is amazing.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Your cat still doing ok?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  4:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep she is doing great!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  4:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I lost a dog for twelve days. The poundcouldn't find him,and one day.......he's in my garage...cute little thing....

MY FUCKING JACK RUSSEL IS FUCKING PREGNANT! THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  6:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the beauty of abortions.....

-What-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  6:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoa, I totally did not just say that.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give your dog an abortion..

What you're looking for is euthanasia. (Except on dogs, not humans...whatever.)

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  05:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, that is great about your cat. Just goes to show the love of pet for his owner. No amount of TIMe can change that. That is really great about your cat. What's the cats name? I just went thru the trauma of losing my cat Tasha after 21 years. The bond between a pet and his/her owner is strong, very strong, obviously. Take good care of your kitty, no telling what they went thru to get back to you. Important thing is that they got back.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The oldest cat in the world? I'm sorry Fluffy.

Didn't you mention kittens somewhere...? That can at least help start a new relationship.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  10:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not quite the oldest, still had 2 years to go for that title. Diane keeps joking that she is gonna make Rew and I take home new kittens with us. Wish I could but I think the 2 cats and 3 dogs, and the fact that I travel so much would not be in the kittens best interest.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My cat's name is Abbey... she's just a skinny, runty little thing. She has dark brown fur, so dark in fact that she looks like a black cat until you see her in sunlight. She has big ears, big yellow eyes and a little snout. Somehow she's retained her kitten like cuteness even in adulthood... which can be painfully cute at times. And on that note she's just jumped onto my lap and plopped down, so I get to finish this out with a soft ball of purring fur on my lap.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  4:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One thing that really anooys me is when you're typing with a cat in your lap, and they decide to walk across the keyboard. So you end up typeing something like ncopnhuijob ytidcetyseutvhpo jnolk;nu;uogbpoig

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  4:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I just went thru the trauma of losing my cat Tasha after 21 years.

Oh Fluffy, I'm sooo sorry about the loss of Tasha. You have been very fortunate to have her for such a long TIMe. I don't know anyone that has had a pet live as long as your cat. Truly amazing........

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  5:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx much Liz, and Silky, Tasha was also the runt of her litter. She was so cute and tiny. I guess we just have an affinity for the underdog. She also retained her kitten cuteness thru life. It was not uncommon for people meeting her to ask how old she was. When I would tell them they would flip. She looked like a kitten right up to the days she passed. She was the smallest of the 4 cats in the house. Rew bought me a nice little remembrance book for her that you can stick a picture of your cat in and has all these nice quotes and things that make you think wonderful thoughts of your dearly departed pet. It is pretty kewl!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  6:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of her passing... I don't care what anyone says about pets 'only' being animals, but they become family... especially after 20+ years. Hell, she was older the a lot of the guys here... probably smarter too :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  8:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey!!!! I represent that remark!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  07:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How many TIMes do I have to tell you?

It's, I RESEMBLE that remark!!!

I know represent works by definition, but resemble just sounds better. Just my honest opinion!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  10:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't matter. That's how my dad says it, so that's how I'm gonna say it.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  12:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Doesn't matter. That's how my dad says it, so that's how I'm gonna say it.

That's the best excuse I've ever heard. You keep on saying it the way you want to!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  02:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My dad says Great Scott! when he wants to cuss. He's gettin' to where he'll say shit every now and then when he thinks we can't hear him. Of course, he has about 25% hearing left (total) so he basically thinks we can't ever hear him...

Great Scott! My dad just said shit.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  02:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OOh and sometime he says this instead...

SHT. Just leaves out the vowel. Pretty effective, but not technically a cuss word. Funny as hell, tho.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  02:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has your dad ever seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show? I believe "Great Scott!" is an important quote in that movie.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  05:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahaha!!!!!! Yeah! Just throw some toilet paper next TIMe he says it!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  09:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm quite sure that he's never seen that. So it has to be some other source for great cuss words that he got that.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  1:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Didn't Captain Kirk used to say it on Star Trek?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  11:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No no no.....it was Picard.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great Scott! My dad would never watch Star Trek.

-what-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000