Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Tims cool cello sound, how's he do that?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Learjet
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I'm new here, so forgive me if this is old news. I downloaded some of those great videos from the FTP site and on show
5-5-00 disk 2 between Jemez Rolling Waves and Hopeful Heresy (19:00), he plays around with this really pretty sound. Sounds like a cello to me. Anyway, whats puttn that out? I have the Boss DD but thats it, would really love to get that sound to play around with. Thanks in advance =)
Chris

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well. Welcome aBOARD. I have no idea what the answer to your question is. But welcome anyway.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  1:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard somewhere that tim plays cello. It might actually be him playing cello. And welcome aboard!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  11:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
i heard somewhere that tim plays cello. It might actually be him playing cello

Hhhhmmmm, intresting. But welcome aboard Learjet.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Learjet
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  11:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL you guys are absolutely no help, but you are funny. =) Thanks for having me.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  11:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't actually know this, but I've seen it posted enough that I'm pretty sure he uses a volume pedal to get the sound you're talking about.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  12:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it was some article from someone talking about tim when he played at miller's. Like something about showing up playing guitar one day, then sitar the next, then cello, something like that...

Go to Top of Page

Learjet
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  2:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jamie, I saw his setup, I never thought a volume pedal would do that, so I figured it had to be something else. I watched that video again and you can see his mic moving everytime to the sound so I guess that was him moving the pedal. Thanks, I'll let you know if I can even come close ro reproducing the sound =)

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right VWF. He played all kinds of shit at Miller's. I remember reading that in several places I think, but one of those places is http://www.timreynolds.com/interviews/2-20-97/. But that was definitely the volume pedal, not an actual cello, that Learjet was talking aboot.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  12:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, you are right, it def. is the volume pedal, and again right on with the link. I knew i read that somewhere! it'd be cool if he played some cello for some of his looped type of songs, i mean in that instrument alone there so many possiblities, with his guitar playing.

Go to Top of Page

Jorgy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  4:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey learjet. Where did you come up with that name. I just ask because there is a dance club in my town called that.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  5:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yea it's a volume pedal, i use a volume pedal
on my violin too, extra cool sounds...

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing that his name is derived from the popular aircraft known as the Lear Jet.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those are some amazing powers of deduction you've got there Dave :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey.....how do you make the King Lear?.....Put the queen in a bikini!!!......oooohhhhh tough crowd....they're booing Shakespeare!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was worthy of a smack up side the head... since I can't do it from here, I want you to do it for me.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey.....don't get mad at me....get mad at Krusty! It was his joke.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  10:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh that unimaginable bastard.
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000