New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  11:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found out this month that my sister is pregnant. I still can't believe it. Due in November. So right now I have a little nephew or niece who is about an inch long.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to you!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  11:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice... congrats!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  12:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've got a little nephew myself. It's interesting. I hardly ever see him, but he does like me, so that's good. Have fun with the kid, it can be a blast!

-What-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  1:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats yet again on the uncle status.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  6:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!!!! I think being an uncle can someTIMes be better than the dad. You can have all the fun without having to punish.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point Patrick. Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to * pcbdmb's post.

*Sometimes, the punishment is the fun part.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd better explain that. Being an older male, my nephew looks up to me, and he likes to have my attention. So when I 'punish' him, I don't even have to DO anything. I can just look at him a certain way or suggest that he not do something (even tho he's only six) and he'll usually comply. So it's not fun to punish him, but it is fun to see how he reacts to me when I do suggest how he could alter his behavior to better suit me.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh I've been bad... I need to be punished.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
congratz. inch longe. hmmmmmmm reminds me o' somthin' , eh jay?

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  8:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, just head over to one of your establishments.......

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  09:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats DirtySloth, I am probably gonna be Uncle Fluffy in a couple of days myself. I am definitely much happier as uncle than dad. To much responsibility for me. I am still far to selfish. I love to travel and come and go as I please. Not great traits for a dad. At least I recognize them and am wise enuf not to fall into that scenario. Maybe one day I will want kids, but probably not. I like giving them back when I am done hanging out with them. I like having kids around but I don't want ones I am responsible for 24/7. It wouldn't be fair to the kids. Plus I get my fair share of childish behavior working at the club. Last thing I would want is to come home and have a child behaving like a child. Only person in my house behaving like a child is ME! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  09:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Patrick, November will be here before you know it! Tell your sis the birth is the easy part, raising children is the challenge. And please tell her I said go for an epidural!! My son just turned 19 yesterday. Talk about making me feel old, damn where does the TIMe go....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not to make you feel worse, but your kid is older than most of the people on this board. WEIRD, HUH? Need a hug!! Don't worry, you still rock!!! Youth is in the heart, not the number!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  09:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh gee thanks for reminding me......weep weep.....I need a shoulder to cry on now. Oh well, as I've said before, I think I'm aging gracefully. Most people have no clue how old I am when they meet me. Funny when I tell them my age they don't believe me. It probably has a lot to do with my attitude.... The old saying goes, your as young as you feel!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  10:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INDEED, INDEED!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said:
quote:

I am probably gonna be Uncle Fluffy in a couple of days myself.

Is Teri the one causing this? If so, then that's probably a pretty fine reason for her not to be posting as of late. But what do I know?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  8:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Liz said:
quote:

My son just turned 19 yesterday.

Well happy belated birthday to him! And since he's 19, that means that in a way, you could be hanging out with one of his friends, since I'm the same age.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  8:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Patrick. Heehee, I keep reminding him the this is the last year he will be a teenager, and it's all downhill after that. So you all enjoy it, life goes by too fast! Be happy, that's the most important thing!

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  8:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great advice Liz. And age is just a number Liz, if you could measure it in attitude there's a good chance you're younger than I am!

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  8:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And congrats to you too, Fluffy!

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Liz said:
quote:

The old saying goes, your as young as you feel!

My dad says that all the TIMe.....mostly, he acts younger than I do. SomeTIMes, I have to give him a TIMe-out.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ninth grade world geography teacher always said it too, practically on a daily basis. And I definitely believe it, but she acted like an old bitch(which she was), so saying that really didn't help her any.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  4:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
inch longe. hmmmmmmm reminds me o' somthin' , eh jay?

Yes, it does Mike...a fetus...

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  09:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So when I 'punish' him, I don't even have to DO anything. I can just look at him a certain way or suggest that he not do something (even tho he's only six) and he'll usually comply.

Jason that's because you are not the parent. It doesn't work that way when they are your own, let me tell ya!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And age is just a number Liz, if you could measure it in attitude there's a good chance you're younger than I am!

Thank you so much Patrick!

I have a funny story about visiting my son at college. We were walking down the hall in the dorm and these girls yelled at my son "is that your girlfriend?" I busted out laughing! He about crapped himself and yelled "NOOO, that's my MOM!". Then he says lets get out of here. So we are outside and all these girls come running up to us and say..."Phil we want to meet your mom!" Let me tell ya, I was looked over from head to toe! They were all nice to me, but I think my son was quite embarrassed.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I am now Uncle Fluffy!! My best friend Frank and his wife Mags had their baby just as I was leaving for the tour. I have only seen pics so far but I am so excited for them. Can't wait to get home and take on my uncley duties. They named her Star. Coincedentally, the day before Eura got a new batch of kittens and she named one of them Star. What are the chances. Pretty bizarre! SYNCHRONICITY I guess. Diane tells me Rew and I are gonna be taking home some new kittens. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now when you say "killing kittens," you don't mean your's particularly, do you?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  06:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I can say is KITTENS BEWARE!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  08:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, did you get to meet Star yet? Congrats
You should have a star in the Milky Way Galaxy
named after her.

A star for a Star.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  08:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats too Fluffy! Somehow I missed this post. I would have done it sooner. Uncle duties, that sounds so cute! I would like to see that.

Thanks for spotting it Evergreen.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  8:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am probably gonna be Uncle Fluffy in a couple of days myself.

Squash that rumor like a bug. I'm not pregnant. Hopefully it's clear by now that it's Fluffy's friends Frank and Margaret that had the baby.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  2:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx everyone, and no I have not had a chance to meet her in person. They have emailed me pics and I called Mags on Mothers Day but she tried to tell me it was still to early for her to celebrate MD. I told her she was being ridiculous because she had already carried the child for 9 months prior to the birth so she had been a mother for alot longer than she was figuring. We are on our trek back to the east coast and I look forward to meeting Star F2F when I return.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  10:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found out a few days ago that the fetus has a penis, which in all likelihood means that it is male. I'm excited. I'm leaving Roanoke here in about three weeks and the next time I come back my sister will have a one-month-old baby boy.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2002 :  05:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't trust those ultrasounds. They have been known to be wrong. A good technician can tell if it's a turtle or a hamburger bun! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2002 :  09:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I didn't know that. I'd better tell my mom... she's probably already going nuts buying little baby boy things.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2002 :  1:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A nurse that I work with had a few ultrasounds and she was blown away when her baby boy was born. They kept telling her it was a girl.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000