The [insert name here] Signature Model
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  8:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you could design your own personal signature model, electric, acoustic, or both, describe it.
It can be modifications of one that's already made (maybe a gothic acoustic or something) or can be completely new.
Pick any wood of your choice, money or rarity isn't a problem. (There's all the KOA you'll need to make all the guitars.)
Pick any color.
Basically, make the guitar just like you want to. Do try not to say "they already make it, it's called the d-35" or whatever. At least make some changes.

Ok, GO!

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  9:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would go to Fodera or Conklin and get them to make me a double neck electric bass with bartoli pickups one neck be a 5-string fretless and the over a 4 string fretted, with the fretted on top. probably make it out of exotic woods (bubinga, wedge, stuff like that) built in EQ sytem...the works...

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  10:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say I'd want Taylor to make me a PS14c with the only change being the addition of a Fishman prefix onboard blender. It's essentially the most beautiful piece of musical equipment in existence... Brazilian rosewood back/sides, Engelmann spruce top. Unbelievable inlays and attention to detail. Someday it will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine.

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  02:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we go:

I'd have a vintage Les Paul custom, wine red with white pick guard, with gold leaf lettering that reads, name of my band, on the pick guard.
My name, inlaid in beautiful pearlish calligraphy at the 12th fret.
Gold tuners, with a picture of the guitar on the back of the headstock. Inlays on the fretboard of vines and leaves, going all the way over the 21 fret rosewood fretboard. 2 Vintage pickups in the mahogany body, wired so I can change them from humbuckers to single-coils with the flick of a switch. Standard hardware, all golden. A thin fast neck, compounded radius, and set tight as hell into the body for maximum sustain. Elixirs on it, lights .09-.42

That's it. my 100th post.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  02:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why would your guitar have a picture of the guitar on it?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  02:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just roll with it... it sounds nice.
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  02:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'd probably have to go with what I mentioned in the first post. Since I'm not all that swell on the guitar yet, and since I'm not familiar with all the stuff about them, I mostly look for the asthetic things.

So I would have an acoustic guitar, probably a Martin or Taylor. It would be a very very soft matte finish (NOT high gloss). Everything on it would be black (even moreso than on the regular gothics. I would have the crescent moon and star on the 12th, and the man's pic on the back of the head.

Someone else can imagine and write what kinds of wood and fretboard I'd need. I don't know. But it would be dark.

Man, I think I want that guitar. NOW. Someone make me one.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  02:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh I completely agree....everything sounds really kewl....despite the fact that I know jack about guitars. I'm just envious of anyone who gets to have a better guitar.......just calm down....you'll get some good ones some day...

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  07:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man, these guitar makers of the world need to read these posts and get to fuckin' work on em!!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  08:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, someone get to work on my guitar. I'd like to add about a six inch crescent and star somewhere else...mayby down on the bottom of the guitar. I think that would be cool.

Now, someone go make it.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  12:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sounds good to me. i would like to add tree of life silver inlay, on the fretless bass neck, and a water/ocean type if inlay on the fretted one. add gold hardware to the mix and my bass is perfect!! any ideas of your own fleabass?

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  12:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i would go to Fodera or Conklin and get them to make me a double neck electric bass with bartoli pickups one neck be a 5-string fretless and the over a 4 string fretted, with the fretted on top. probably make it out of exotic woods (bubinga, wedge, stuff like that) built in EQ sytem...the works...

Think how heavy that would be.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  1:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is very true MBS! i'll have to make these guys invent some sort of new strap system on it to distribute the weight differently so it's not so heavy. just gives those makers something else to do!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

this is very true MBS! i'll have to make these guys invent some sort of new strap system on it to distribute the weight differently so it's not so heavy. just gives those makers something else to do.

Leave that to me! I'm becoming an engineer!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  9:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, figure out someway to equally distribute the weight so it seems lighter than it really is...and once i make about 1,000,000 bucks, i'll sponser the project! yeah...(i wish)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000