Can gold fish go bad?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not the actual fish, but the snack food. i have had this big box of them for over a month and they are still good. which makes me wonder if they can ever go stale?

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably not...they're the Twinkies of crackers. I would suppose.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  2:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only if they're weak while around the Dark Side.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah....they go bad....but only of you leave them out for too long (not closed in a container). They get all stale and nasty......but I love 'em when they're fresh! On my favorite food list, they rate #3.

1. Shepherd's pie
2. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
3. Goldfish crackers
4. Clam Chowder

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  10:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THey go horribly bad! Blech! I've had a box in my room for a year!
Top five foods

1:tacos
2:mashed tatos
3:wahoos
4:mayonaisse...on ANYTHING!!!
5:Wahoos

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  10:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes wahoos are on there twice, i know......don't pick on me...thre in two people have problems with numbers.....

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  01:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know what Wahoos are.

And I can eat stale food like nobody's business. It's uncanny. It just doesn't bother me.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  03:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What about your intestinal track?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  05:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb, you and I have to have dinner sometime. We are definitely on the same page with fave foods. When I lived in London I would have the same lunch at the pub near HMV where I worked. Shepherds Pie, Mash, and Chips! For those who don't know what all that is, just read POTATOES!! Shepherds Pie is layers of mashed potatoes and usually ground beef baked like a pie. Hence, the word pie in the name. Mash is mashed potatoes. Chips are french fries. It was basically a diet of potatoes. I ballooned up to over 200 lbs while I lived in London. "Steady Diet of Nothing" except potatoes. By the way, I love potatoes! Baked potatoes being at the top of the list, followed by mashed potatoes!

oh yes, back to topic, Goldfish can go stale. Whether that is bad or not is a matter of taste. Even if they are stale I bet they won't kill you. I am sure they are still edible.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  11:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's just not fair! You got to have Shepherd's Pie everyday??!! I'm lucky if I get to have it twice a year! Damn you! Damn you and your ability to live in London!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question is not "can gold fish go bad?"

The question is "can I go bad in relation to gold fish?"

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i love gold fish. i serve 'em to me crew when we get 'em. rember there baked not fryed so they're healthy for ye.

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man Fluff if you like shepherd's pie/that kind of food be sure to stop in Buckhead next time you end up in Atl. There is a totally sweet tavern with awesome food in the heart of Buckhead. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but the food kicks ass as does the atmosphere. Same goes for you pbdmcb... if for some reason you ever go to Atl... best irish food I've ever had.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  03:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Will do! But I don't think I'll be showing up anyTIMe soon....

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they(fish) can go stale, but not bad. I like stale food better(don't know why...) so they always taste good to me.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  12:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Word up VFW. You and I are in this life thing for the long haul. I mean, food is only good (meaning non-stale) for so long. All the people who don't like stale food will be SOL when all the food that's left is stale. But there'll be me and VFW, just eatin' our stale food like it's supposed to taste that way.

VFW and MBS will rule the world!

Make me a crown, and a little one for VFW. We'll rule as two kings.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  1:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah MBS!!! Stale cereal, stale pizza,etc.. THE BEST!!!
When we survive a nucular holocaust and all the food's gone stale, there we'll be, on top of some hill laughing out asses off at the people starving cause they won't eat stale food. By the way, why's my crown smaller...

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just so you guys know, stale and bad are 2 different things. While goldfish will go stale but not go bad, pizza is a completely different matter. Definitely goes bad quicker if you have cheese on it. Actually our friend cheese will go bad making the pizza bad by it's inclusion in the ingredients. In your post-holocaust life I would stick to the stale cereal and goldfish. You can try can foods, that might work. Open them, let them sit around for a few days, hopefully they will get a little stale, and then VOILA! A meal fit for a king(or should I say 2 kings).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy. I know what foods go stale and what foods go bad. But I'm glad that I know better now.

And for the record, I'll eat STALE foods, not bad foods.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  9:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy gets the biggest crown then!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  9:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a crown for Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  06:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't make me CROWN you!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  06:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
chatterballs said:
quote:
they're the Twinkies of crackers.

What kind of goldfish you been eating? I don't remember any cream center, and they certainly weren't soft and sweet.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000