Somthin' i found thats Fluffy related
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  5:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok while i was diggin' through the bowles of my room the other day i happened upon this little red pice of plastic with one word inscribed on it.............FLUFFY. i cary it w/ me now everywhare i go.

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  8:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno... but if I were Fluffy, somehow I doubt that would make me feel any better. Superglue adds, "And when I'm feeling really sassy I like to keep it in my underwear so it can be closer to my loins."
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a purple dogtag that I wear everywhere I go, it says "Fluffy: Trapped in a World He Never Made!" on the front and has a picture of a buffalo and the words "Lost and Lonely" on the back. Sounds like I need to get me one of those red piEces of plastic. Sounds pretty KEWL!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  12:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it is a very interesting diamond shaped piece of p-lastic! It is see-thru. It is red.

That dog tag thing sounds pretty cool. A friend of mine once made a dog tag that said,
" To evacuate, pull chain." on one side, and on the other side,
" Ty Shot, backscratching extrordinair."
it was a huge piece of metal. It was really cool looking, but sorta heavy.

Question of the day! (Captain Petersburgh excempt) What is the maximum depth of Lake Erie, adn what is the largest ship ever the sink in Lake Erie?

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  12:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Isn't that two questions?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  12:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, i know it is......do YOU have any answers?

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
arr. that be mighty tought question if ye don't kno the answer. jay, might it be alright if i gve them a wee little hint?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hell no!!!!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all right. (sorry guys, i tryed)

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
210 feet

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GO LOWER MAN!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

GO LOWER MAN!!!!!!!!

oooooooooooyeeeeaaahhhhhhhhhh

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh yeah!!!

http://www.ask.com/main/followup.asp?qcat=geog&ask=How+deep+is+Lake+Erie&qsrc=0&o=0&snp=jeeves&qid=8B7A68A2CBDDB343B9C5652631EFF4DA&dt=020414110513&back=ask%3DHow%2Bdeep%2Bis%2BLake%2BErie%26o%3D0%26fmt%3D%26x%3D17%26y%3D18&qcatid=12&score=1&aj_ques=snapshot%3DJeeves%26kbid%3D1121857%26item1%3D1048790-1049148&aj_logid=8B7A68A2CBDDB343B9C5652631EFF4DA&aj_rank=1&aj_score=1&aj_list1=1048790-1049148

go about a third of the way down the page to where it says overview.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll give you half credit. Half off, cause you asked Jeeves.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, that is correct! Now onto the shipwrecks....Capt., this was NOT yer question. Pcb is right, doesn't matter how he got the answer, but he did!!!!!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which one was the song written aboot? The Edmund Fitzgerald?

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No wait, that was Superior.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, there have been 196, I can tell you that.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  3:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, ill tell you guys. YOu won't find this info on the internet, so ill tell ya!

James H. Reed

Type: Propeller
Power: Quadruple expansion engine
Owner(s): Interlake Steamship Company, Cleveland, Ohio
Built: 1903, Detroit Shipbuilding Company, Wyandotte, Michigan
Dimensions: 455'2"x52'2"x24'9"
Date of loss: Thursday, April 27, 1944
Coordinates: TD: 44278.0 58139.6
Lies: Bow Southeast
Cause of loss: Collision
Site #: 111
Official #: 77589
Tonnage: 5625 gross 4205 net
Cargo: iron ore
Depth: 70'

Her History:
Typical of the iron ore and grain trade steel freighters of her day, the James H. Reed was originally owned by the Provident Steamship Company. In 1913, the Reed was one of over a dozen ships purchased from various fleets to form the Interlake Steamship Company. With the onset of WWII, the need for iron ore to fire the steel plants required early spring runs for maximum tonnage in support of the war effort. One of these runs, in April 1944, was the Reed's last.

Description of Loss:
Downbound from Escanaba, Michigan, the Reed carried iron ore for Buffalo, New York. A heavy fog had enveloped Lake Erie and the Reed And the Canadian propeller Ashcroft had been blowing fog signals every minute as they proceeded through the dense fog. These signals were distorte by the fog and the two vessels collided off Ashtabula Harbor.

As the two ships were locked together, many of the Reed's crew lept to the safety of the Ashcroft. However, five died of injuries suffered in the collision and seven others drowned. Many of the 24 recued seamen were taken by the Ashcroft to Ashtabula where they were treated for hypothermia.

On the same day on fog shrouded Lake Erie, the Frank E. Vigor (second biggest wreck in Lake Erie)was rammed by the Phillip Minch. The Vigor sank, but all were rescued from the icy lake.

The Wreck Today:
The wreck was dynamited in November, 1944 to provide 45 feet of shipping clearence. As a result, her remains are spread across a large area.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JAMES H. REED
Other names : none
Official no. : 77589
Type at loss : propeller, steel, bulk freight
Build info : 1903, Detroit Shipbuilding, Wyandotte, MI hull# 154
Specs : 448x52x29, 5598g 4125n
Date of loss : 1944, Apr 27
Place of loss : 20 mi N of Conneaut, OH, off Long Point
Lake : Erie
Type of loss : collision
Loss of life : 12
Carrying : iron ore
Detail : Bound Superior, WI, for Erie, PA, she was rammed broadside dead amidships by the 550-foot steel freighter ASHCROFT and sank quickly. She was later dynamited to level her wreckage.
Some information provided in 1999 by Doyle C. Rogers, who was a 17 year-old crewman aboard REED.
Sources: do2,mv,sol,sagl,h,ledc,mpl,dcr

http://www.boatnerd.com/swayze/shipwreck/r.htm

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  3:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ill be god damned!!!!!!!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  5:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heh heh. looks like u were proved wrong, jay, ye landlubber. u can find tht info on the web.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  6:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and you can't spell

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  3:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jay, Teri would be proud of you in here absence. You and the Cpt. are cracking me up. Or should I say, You are with your constant corrections of his spelling. I can almost HEAR the frustration in your typing of the posts. HEHE keep up the good work. I really like the one where he misspelled the word that was correctly spelled right next to it. I feel sorry for Cpt Petersburgh when Teri returns, there will be hell to pay.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  4:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am so damn frustrated at Mike's misspelling. Especailly when he spells you as U, and any as NE. It agrivates me. I guess we know who wasn't paying attention in second grade spelling!!!! Jeez louise! Horrible.

Hear hear! Here Here! You! You there! In the tree! Get down from there! Poo!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  5:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The abbreviations don't bother me so much, hell I even use them sometimes, but it is the actual misspellings that blow me away. Like misspelling HERE when it was right next to him as a reference point. That is so funny. Sorry it gets you down so much, roll with the flow. I am sure Teri knows just how you feel. I have seen here get downright ornery at spelling errors. Afterall, she was a spelling bee champ!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000