All right guys - TAPING!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  8:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im going to buy a DAT and record the tim shows i go to, but looking as they are starting so far away from me its looking slim that i go to any of the april shows (CO?? dammit ). I will get a DAT before them, so im willing to lend it out for shows. If fluffy wants to i can mail it to him for the shows i dont see, since hes tighter with the crew than i am and he would be at all the shows, most likely at least. I am hoping for this tour to bring us a 100% taping rate, same with the next one, so im willing to do whatever it takes.

Info, ideas?

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe that they actually have dats go along w/ them on tour. I saw one at the uwplattevile show when i was taping (vid). I was back near the sound and saw a dat, and saw that they were using it too, for both Greg and Tim. Could have just been that show... dont know though... fluff can answer this for ya.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  06:12:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It wasn't us taping. TR has decided to let the tapers tape. It was taking up to much of our time and space lugging equipment around. We already have so much to do on the road. TR is having the 1st couple of shows recorded professionally and if they come out ok he hopes to be able to release it officially. I guess kinda like a electric version of Gossip of the Neurons.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  11:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
TR is having the 1st couple of shows recorded professionally and if they come out ok he hopes to be able to release it officially.

Hell yeah!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2002 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good luck Erich. You will find that most tapers are very friendly people. On the other hand, you will find that some fans are quite irritating. Like when you are recording with a mic and some loud mouth keeps screaming and yelling the "F" word that your mic is picking up. So make sure your mic stand goes up 12 feet plus. And that battery thing, invest in a power supply. I've screwed up 2 shows due to the things going dead. You really should check out Oade Brothers for equipment. Ask for Jim, he's really cool.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2002 :  10:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be incredible if TR released some more live material!

And as for the taping, a power supply would take a tremendous load off your shoulders. I've never taped with DAT, but I have video taped and it's stiill inevitable that you'll miss a few seconds of a show when you have to change the batteries, and who knows what'll happen in those few seconds. Really sucks when you can't even catch the whole show. Anyway, good luck with your taping Erich.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2002 :  11:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That would be incredible if TR released some more live material!

I second that!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, did you get any equipment yet? Just wondering..

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Really sucks when you can't even catch the whole show.

And I second that.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  7:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well the show in Boulder CO was taped(professionally) by Dave Glasser and crew. DG is the guy who has mastered all of TR's recent releases and did such a great job with mastering Petroglyph. Kyle also did a 2 camera shoot of the show, and in addition to the possible release of a CD of some of the material from the show, there is talk of a possible DVD of the entire show shot by Kyle with the sound from DG's recording. Could be awesome, keep your fingers crossed it all works out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  7:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hump it Fluffy... hump it good! How's the road treatin you?
-J

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  7:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be absolutely incredible. I hope it works out!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  8:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes yes yes. If we can preorder to boost this possibility, just give us a link, my man.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  11:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Fluffy. thats is some mighty exciting/encouraging news! My fingers are indeed crossed!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  06:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the offer of presales, but that is not really the deciding factor. It has more to do with whether TR likes the recordings after careful scrutinization after the tour. Hopefully he will, it was a great show. Keep your fingers crossed! When I know something so will you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
super...I can't wait. I have one or two to go before I have them all, and new material would be fantastic.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You only need 1 or 2 what before you have them all? And the new material is indeed, FANTASTIC!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  2:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too bad you guys don't have ID and Petroglyph there to sell with the coverart and all already done up. I know I'm probably in a VAST minority here, but I'd much rather just fork over $15 or so to get a new album. I can't download the stuff, and I like the professional look of produced cds.

Not that internet-release seems less official or anything, but internet-release stuff just seems ... I dunno ... less official.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  1:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Too bad you guys don't have ID and Petroglyph there to sell with the coverart and all already done up. I know I'm probably in a VAST minority here, but I'd much rather just fork over $15 or so to get a new album.

I'm with you on this one Jason. I would gladly purchase ID and Petroglyph.

Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
While we're on the subject of taping...Fluffy, do you guys allow SBD patches, or do us tapers have to stick to AUD recording?

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurferX72
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  4:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Zac, I think it depends on the venue. I was planning on bringing my DAT to the HOB show if Fluffy can get me a hookup. I really don't want to bring the mic and all. Are you going to be there too?

Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  06:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup, I'll be there...Hopefully, I'll be interviewing TIM also, which is why I'm sorta hoping for a SBD recording of the show, so I can add it into the interview when I go to edit it. Fluffy, hook it up bro!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurferX72
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  8:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, I hope the interview is before the show, so that we can all spend TIMe with TIM after the show. Cause I know I'll stay there...

And I hope everyone gets to tape the show. And I hope everyone gives me a copy.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  10:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We'll see when the interview will be. I have to call Lisa and work out the details with her. Hopefully, she won't ask me what questions I'm going to ask TIM cause I don't have them ready yet...I'll try to push to have the interview before the show so y'all can hang with TIM after. But, if I get him after the show, sorry...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurfFilez27
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  08:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SurferX ended up videoing the show and Liz brought her DAT. SurferX did not end up interviewing TR because he didn't have his recorder. So everyone got to hang after the show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  7:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awsome, cant wait to hear / see it.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  8:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw another post where LizK and SurferX were talking about Liz supplying SurferX with her audio to be dubbed over his video. Apparently his audio did not come out great. Hopefully Liz's did.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  9:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ace the sound board guy was very cool. He had a separate patch for me so the levels wouldn't get too high and distort. I was a little bizarro getting the levels set in the beginning of the first tune. The rest sounds pretty damn good for the idiot amateur taper that I am. It's an awesome hour of TR! As soon as I get it converted I'll be happy to do B&P's or a trade with those who are interested. SurferX will be sure to get a copy!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see and hear the finished product. Kyle says he has a sample of the edited show from The Fox in Boulder. 1 track he wants TR to check out and see what he thinks, so we can look forward to that as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's sweet news Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK.....Whose got the goods?

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A DVD?!? Holy shit that would be cool

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe Fluffy said it would be finished sometime in July.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000