Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Training Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  4:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lets hear some thoughts on this movie... I really liked it. Maybe not a best actor performance but the movie as a whole was very entertaining. It was also a very different part for Denzel to play, so maybe that is why he won. There were also a bunch of parts that we found really funny while watching. I mean I grew up in a pretty bad high school with lots of gangs, so I consider myself to be street smart, but some of the lingo he used was halarious, I'd never heard it before. Well if you haven't seen it, it's one of th better new releases out right now, along with KPAX.

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen it Kevin. KPAX is definitely a must see again for me.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  7:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin Spacey is the Tim Reynolds of acting.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  11:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best question after KPAX.....
Was he, or was he not, an alien?
Some people I know say yes, others say no, but then they cant explain the missing woman. Hhhhhhmmmm, i'm intrested to see what ya'll think about it.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  11:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Kevin Spacey is the Tim Reynolds of acting.

My votes for the TR of acting are tied with Kevin, Brad Pitt, Norton, and Depp. All four are amazing.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2002 :  8:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna have to go and disagree with you there Jay......I like Brad Pitt and all, but haven't you noticed that he always plays the same bad-ass roles......Fight Club, Ocean's Eleven, etc......I think Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are better actors than him.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  12:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Deniro and Morgan Freeman... nuff said.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  04:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Pacino!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  01:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pacino is good but overrated... he plays the exact same role in every movie. His character may change from a cop to satan, but I'll be damned if it doesn't end up being the exact same role every time.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  4:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Morgan Freeman
I concur! How could I have forgotten? BUT! (BUTT!) I still hold to my original four...especailly(sp i know i know I KNOW!) Depp...c'mon, the BEST off-beat character actor EVER!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  6:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What aboot Scent of a Woman, Silky? He was pretty good at being blind.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  7:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely... that same character just happened to be blind there :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  7:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Huh?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe... I was just saying if you look at most of Pacino's movies, the characters may differ, but he does the same acting for almost every character.
-J

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Training Day was good, nothing groundbreaking, but worth checking out. Mr. Washington was good, but by far not his best role, he sould have won an oscar a long time ago.

I just saw KPAX and thought it was great. i love those movies that make you think and challange the viewer.
I dont know if he really was an alien but one of the best parts of the movie was that they left it out in the open, it doesnt give a distinct answer and leaves both possibilities open. Spacey is a genius, brilliant! (Dont believe it, check out Usual Suspects)

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh!! I thought you meant that he was actually blind! I was gonna ask when that happened. But I can't really say how good an actor is because I only really remember seeing him in Scent of a Woman, and I thought he was pretty convincing.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha woops... watch other movies like Heat (awesome), The Devil's Advocate (awesome), City Hall (3 hours of my life I would like back), Any Given Sunday (another 3 hours of my life I would like back), Donnie Brasscoe (not bad, not great) etc... you will see that he is exactly the same every role he plays. I think he's great, but he doesn't seem to have the character depth that someone like Spacey, Norton, Freeman etc. have. Hoo-aah.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'm really gonna have to find that coat of mine now!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000