The Lower Voice...?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  12:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just listening to The Light Up Ahead, and couldn't help but wonder to myself as the Lower Voice came on, what in the hell is actually being said? Does anyone have a lyrical transcription?

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  4:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is it the same type of voice as "Its Time"? cause i fucked with the speeds on an MP3 i made and i could translate some of it.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  11:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried that too, but there was still hard to understand. I was just hoping maybe somebody actually had the lyrics. If you want to try and speed it up and give it a listen go ahead, you might have better ear for that than I do. I was also curious about the voice during the middle section, because I get the gist but still you can barely hear it over everything else.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  11:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, any good ideas on how to get an MP3 of It's Time, the used copy of Sanc I bought that disc is scratched and that is the only track that just won't fuckin play...It's not exactly easy to find around the internet, Tim Reynolds isn't as popular as you might think, it's just odd. Heh.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2002 :  07:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'll post an MP3.

for that matter, i dont have Light Up Ahead...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  01:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where would one find this post?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  8:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I asked TR about Lower Voice, his recollection is fuzzy on the matter. All he could offer was that he seems to recall that DM sings on that song and that he thinks the weird voice is that of DM and he also thinks that it was just jabber that was processed and that there was nothing meaningful said in that bit. It was more for effect and fun than anything else.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  9:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds fun.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  4:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most consecutive words I can make out in that song are "...in times of pain." Even so, that's still one of my favorite TR3 songs.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000