My comp is retarded
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  1:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I'm ripping some of my CD's into MP3's w/ Audiocatalyst and my CD drive stops working-it won't read or even eject. So I goto Shutdown and tell it to restart and it doesn't do anything. Try again. Try again. So I'm like "Screw you" and i just pushed the restart button. Well...now it starts up, gets to the "starting windows" screen and then restarts itself automatically. AHH! Right now i'm in safe mode and it sux ass! Anybody have any suggestions as to how to stop the retardation? If not i'm just going to back up my shit and wipe my HD and start all over. UGH

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  1:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a) Start over.
b) Get Linux.
c) Use your computer as a boat anchor.

You choose :)

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  1:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Anchor option is tempting...but then i'd have to buy a boat, i guess i'll just start over...

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  1:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, you could go rent a paddle boat or something and use it then =)

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and then what? drop anchor?

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  02:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back up and running w/ XP now...it's all bubbly...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000