im a new guy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  8:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I cant believe it took me this long to join myself. I've been reading these post a long time, but here I am.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  8:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome foolio.
-J

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  8:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you silky and good day to you. Good day to all.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  9:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WERD UP!

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  10:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome joemoe!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  01:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey joeschmoe

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  03:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll have to fill in for Fluffy here.......Welcome aBOARD!!!!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  11:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you said join myself.....he he he....anyway welcome to tha board..

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  12:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the family! Glad to have you aboard!

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  7:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola, como 'es tas?

It's good to have you joemoe.

Go to Top of Page

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  7:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey joe i'm new too. you'll get the along great here. its like a big hapy friendship here on the space pod.

God Created Earth, Seeds Creat Trees, in 1876 my GrandFather Created Super glue, I think.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  8:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome JOEMOE! yes mike that's more like it, if your board IQ didn't give away the fact you are new, i would guess you've been here for a while! did you know i was one of the first ten to sign up, i think...even before Fluffy!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  8:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But look at your post total.....

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  9:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i told you not to tell anyone! I know i almost never posted until aboot two or three months ago, but i'm getting the hang of it now...

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  9:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're like a little firecracker... you can only sit dormant for so long before someone puts a candle under your ass and you take off.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  9:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i have story aboot that...you guys will get one hell of a treat tommorrow!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  9:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha... why wait?
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  12:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
shhhhhhh.....can't you see that it was almost 10:00 when he posted? It's past Jay's bedTIMe!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  5:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i go to bed at nine oclock, usually, but don't sleep till three! oh well i am NOT normal!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  6:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been to bed that early in years. I love the night, when most everyone else is asleep. To me, one of the coolest things in the world is to drive through the city very late at night, on roads that normally would be packed with cars and busy with people. But to find that you are the only car in sight... you are the only person around... it is, in a way, like having the entire area to yourself, because everyone else is asleep. It feels almosts exclusive, like you are the only one that is around to experience the moment and everyone else is missing out. Then again, maybe I'm just wierd.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  9:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I did that last night! I actually didn't go to bed until 8:00 A.M. But the whole TIMe I was up, it felt like I was the only one alive.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  11:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I haven't been to bed that early in years. I love the night, when most everyone else is asleep. To me, one of the coolest things in the world is to drive through the city very late at night, on roads that normally would be packed with cars and busy with people. But to find that you are the only car in sight... you are the only person around... it is, in a way, like having the entire area to yourself, because everyone else is asleep. It feels almosts exclusive, like you are the only one that is around to experience the moment and everyone else is missing out. Then again, maybe I'm just wierd.
-J

YES!! I love that! Another cool thing is going out at night and seeing all of the people that work at night, like snow plowers and stuff, it's like some secret underground activity or some shit.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  3:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm too young to drive, but that feeling is VERY cool while walking around with a good friend....i do it every weekend

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How long ya got Jay?
-J

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man im so bored dont know what to do. help somebody.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go to www.bored.com and check out the "rocketcar" story... it is a really good read.
-J

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  8:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
jay said:
quote:
i go to bed at nine oclock, usually, but don't sleep till three! oh well i am NOT normal!
Sure you didn't mean NORML? Jay, LAY OFF THE WEED!

pcbdmb said:
quote:
I guess I'll have to fill in for Fluffy here.......Welcome aBOARD!!!!
Thanx for stealing my line.

Oh Well, better late than never, JOEMOE "Welcome aBOARD"!!!!!

All Rights Reserved trademarked and copyrighted by Fluffy Inc.

FBI Warning: Federal and international law provides severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all copyrighted words, phrases, or expressions contained in posts by Fluffy Inc.
Criminal copyright infringement is investigated by the FBI and may constitute a felony with maximum penalty of up to five years in prison and/or a US $250.000.00 fine.

FBI WARNING! Federal law provides severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of copyrighted motion pictures, videotapes, videodiscs, words, phrases, expressions, cheese logs, baseball bats, brown post-it eating monkeys, postage stamps, or No Results' CDs. Criminal copyright infringement is investigated by the FBI and may constitute a felony with a maximum penalty of up to five years of water torture, hanging by your ears with clothespins, or a long string strung though every internal organ of your body soaked in bleach, in very hot small dark lonely cold room with your dog's snake's uncle's mom's Italian and polish sausage, and/or a $250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 fine. In fact, we are watching you at this very instant. One false move and we'll be over there to bust you. And that is a promise! We also have a satellite hovering over your house at this moment. Go look, its there. Oh yeah, it is. That's our satellite!!! We own you, so you will do what we say. Go make Joey C. a sandwich! If you don't he probably wont care anyway, but WE WILL!!! That's it! Go get it! Be careful to get up slowly, because our traps are very sensitive! NOT! YOU ARE A FOOL.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  1:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAHA, we should turn fluffy into a trademark.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  4:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Geez!....sorry I stole your trademark! I just thought you'd be kewl aboot it since I've done it before.......so since I can't pay the fine, how many years in jail do I have to spend?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  05:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't do that to ya pcbdmb, you know NARCS don't last a day in jail.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Copywritten & Trademarked

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  3:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
How long ya got Jay?

aboot a half year till I get it...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  01:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wouldn't do that to ya pcbdmb, you know NARCS don't last a day in jail.

The only way anyone in jail would know that I'm a Narc is if someone else is also a Narc.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those "bad people" in jails can smell a NARC. I don't think anyone would have to tell them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Those "bad people" in jails can smell a NARC. I don't think anyone would have to tell them.

That's quite a keen sense of smell... I would have thought I'd have heard about that kind of thing on the Discovery Channel by now.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  02:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I did see that on the Discovery Channel, it was called "Sense of Smell". It was all about criminals keen sense of smell. Hence, the title. They are very proficient at smelling a rat, smelling a snitch, and smelling a NARC or smelling a PIG(in the lingo of the joint). Apparently, they are also quite proficient at smelling trouble. Unfortunately they did not have any good interviews on this aspect as the people in the JOINT's sense of smell when it comes to trouble is unfortunately not so good, and probably why they ended up there. They were constantly saying that the food in the chow hall smelled like shit, even the shit-on-a-shingle. It seems to me that the joint must be quite an oderifous place. But I will take their word for it. Coincidently, I ran into a friend of mine who I had not seen in about, oh 4 years. Guess why. He had been locked up for about, oh 4 years. When it was time to get out, they told him he couldn't because 3 years before he was accused of murder. Apparently someone had stolen his ID and commited a murder and used his ID. He looked at them blankly and said "How did I commit a murder 3 years ago? I have been locked up for 4 years." In the govt's infinite wisdom, it took them 1 month to straighten it out, and let him out of jail realizing there is no possible way he could have committed the murder. What a fucking system we have. Seems to me that is something you could figure out in less than an hour. HMMMMMMM, he's been in jail for 4 years, so how could he have committed the murder 3 years ago. Let him out. Seems simple enuf to me. Apparently with our system it takes alot longer to figure out a simple equation like that. Whatta bunch of losers.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  03:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Seems kind of ironic to me that if criminals have such a keen sense of smell for narcs and cops etc... why are there so many of them in jail? That really is pretty stupid about your friend... government systems tend to run very slowly, but even so (and without knowing why your friend was locked away for 4 years) I am a little less than sympathetic to situations like that. If someone lands themselves in jail under felony charges I'm generally not going to sprout too many tears if they have to spend a little more time in jail than they should have. There are already way too many people that get out early, and for the most part, felony crimes are just in their punishment. Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  03:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whadaya gonna do?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  07:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He was locked up for credit card fraud, hardly a violent offender, but still a criminal none the less. You do the crime, you do the time.
Unless you don't get caught!! Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
But at the same time, I am "not going to sprout any tears" for the credit card companys injured in his crime when I feel that they have 90%(50% of all statistics are made up on the spot)of the american consumers by the balls, charging overly exorbitant monthly fees and percentages to the point that most will never get out of debt. I really hoped all the credit card companys would lose all their valuable info on everyone when Y2K hit. Fuck those greedy bastards.
But thats just my opinion! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Apparently someone had stolen his ID and commited a murder and used his ID.

DAMN, I don't have my ID with me. I can't murder anyone.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast quoted:
quote:
Apparently someone had stolen his ID and committed a murder and used his ID.

This bizarre scenario happened to another one of my friends as well. Only he was not a criminal type at all. He was a doorman at 9:30 club and someone stole his wallet. He didn't really think much about it at the time other than what a pain in the ass it is to lose your wallet.(right, HTG? I think you washed yours, but same difference)Well anyway, the guy went out and committed a murder and when the police picked him up, he used my friends ID when he was booked. Then he skipped town and never went to court, so a warrant was put out for my friend for murder. When he got pulled over for making an illegal turn he was quite surprised when the police came back with guns drawn and told him to get out of the car because he was being arrested for an outstanding murder warrant. My friend denied it vehemently in a state of utter confusion and of course the police beat the shit out of him cause they just ASSUMED he was lying. Then when the took him in and got his fingerprints, they were shocked to see that for some strange reason they did not match the ones they had taken when he was arrested for murder. They apologized for the mistake(not for beating the shit out of him)and sent him on his way. So heed my words, don't let your drivers license or passport fall into the wrong hands. The police have this crazy policy of "shoot first, ask questions later". Oh what, he's not the right guy? Sorry we shot you and beat the shit out of you. It was an honest mistake, now go about your business. We are the police, we don't make mistakes.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  3:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But at the same time, I am "not going to sprout any tears" for the credit card companys injured in his crime when I feel that they have 90%(50% of all statistics are made up on the spot)of the american consumers by the balls, charging overly exorbitant monthly fees and percentages to the point that most will never get out of debt. I really hoped all the credit card companys would lose all their valuable info on everyone when Y2K hit. Fuck those greedy bastards.
But thats just my opinion! HEHE

I totally agree... look how many lives credit cards have ruined. Think of how many people wouldn't be in debt that they will carry to their graves if it weren't for credit cards. How many people might be able to retire at a reasonable age if they never had to deal with compounding debt. That is why, at the present moment, I refuse to get any credit cards at all. I don't even WANT one until I have a steady income. But they've even gotten sleazier in the past several years... now they do anything they can to get young people (teenagers/college students) to get sucked in because they know how inexperienced people will tend to abuse these cards (it's only play money, right?) and end up in a hole to dig themselves out of for the rest of their lives. I, like you, wouldn't mind seeing some credit card companies taking a hit... but nowhere near as much as I would love to see some insurance companies get the ole' screwgie.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky, what's keeping you from getting a debit card? That way, you only spend the money you have and won't run up some huge bill on a credit card...and they can be used just the same as a credit card....

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  4:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have one, but it is expired and my bank seems to have decided not to send me another one (after I requested a new one). So I'm SOL until they get their shit together.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  4:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Debit cards are fine, but they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. You have to keep track in your checkbook or you can be overdrawn in the blink of an eye. I can't stand using ATM's. You have to be careful or they will sock you with charges just to get your own money!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  6:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty meticulous with my checking account. And I NEVER use an ATM. I think in the 4 years I've had my debit card, I've gotten money from an ATM once. So I suppose that's not never, but ... basically.

So a debit card is perfect for me. Of course I almost take after my dad about money, so credit doesn't really appeal to me anyway. I only like to spend money if I have the money to spend. One thing I like about myself.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky, I agree completely, don't get me started on insurance companys.
I can't believe after the WTC incident, the insurance companys, who have sucked and sucked money from customers for years, banking on the fact that they won't have to pay off, had the nerve to ask the govt to bail them out when it became obvious they were gonna have to pay out LOTS of money to victims families, and for possible lawsuits. It really turns my stomach the nerve of those fucks. Insurance, what a scam. Give us your money so in case something bad happens we can take care of you, and then when something bad happens it is like trying to get blood from a stone. Fuck them. I can't believe what they do is legal and we are REQUIRED to use them. The whole insurance system sucks.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  12:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I could write pages and pages about the atrocities that insurance companies commit being that their greediness costs lives, and in many cases, quality of life... but you are very well educated and probably know all about this subject. Something interesting that I will share, though, is the job of one of my close friend's cousin's fiancé...

Basically, this guy works for a company that buys the life insurance policies off of elderly people. So this company pays these elderly people a large lump sum of x percent of what their policy is worth, and waits for the person to die to collect their claim. It works out well for both parties because the old people get to have all this money to use while they are still alive (maybe for the car of their dreams, or medical bills, or to spoil their grandchildren etc)... and the company collects the claim making a profit because they don't pay the old people the entire amount of the policy. Meanwhile, the insurance companies are paying out money that actually helps people while they are able to enjoy it, rather than when they are ill or dead... which is essentially the opposite of what insurance companies stand for these days. They have systems for the percentages of what they pay based upon the person's life expectancy etc... it's very scientific. It's a little morbid, but I thought it was kind of interesting and maybe even relevant.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  12:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I only like to spend money if I have the money to spend.

I completely agree. I also feel the same way aboot cell phones. When I'm out, I don't want people trying to contact me. I can see their purpose for emercencies, but when I see 12-year-olds walking around talking on cell phones, I just want to grab the thing and step on it.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  01:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I completely agree, too. I like cellphones, for their purpose. I think they aren't meant to be used as regular phones. Mine..well, that's different. I can call after 7pm to most of my family for free (free nights and weekends), and incoming calls are free, so if someone needs to contact me, we're good. But no one calls me, so it's no big deal. And if I'm in a store or something (which is rare anyway, I'm a hobo) I try to be as un-obvious as possible and not obtrusive. So I do have a cell phone, but I still agree with you.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  01:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, I agree completely again. It is a little morbid, but if it helps "the people", then I am all for it. That is what it is all about helping people. What a much nicer world we would live in if everyone helped everyone else out a little bit more and didn't always just think of themselves all the time. Ahhhhh, UTOPIA!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  01:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I despise cell phones!!! I do not begrudge anyone who wants or uses one, that is there choice.(unless they are using it while they operate a motor vehicle, then I think they should be strung up by their testicles, disemboweled, and left out to rot) I, unfortunately, was forced to acquire(thru the kindness of my sister)one of these ridiculous, pain-in-the-ass devices because of the job I have chosen. I tried to do the first TR tour as tour manager without a cell phone. It was next to impossible. So my sis got me one, and my quality of life as a tour manager improved. Yes they are convenient, I will not deny anyone that, but I can't believe who quickly they have become standard-operating-procedure. 10 years ago, almost noone had a cell phone and now everyone has one. Last nite while I was searching the crowds at the NAS show, I would say, 95%(%50 of all statistics are made up on the spot)of the crowd had one, or one of those new things called a two-way. Cell phones are dump, rude and a pain in the ass. I hope that all states follow the lead of NY and ban their use while operating a motor vehicle. This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  01:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've heard they're trying to pass that same law in California too. If any state needs it, California does!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  02:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ALL states NEED it.(with the possible exception of Alaska. I hear they are really depressed up there, and if a cell phone will help them refrain from committing suicide, more power to them. Besides, there can't be that many OTHER cars on the road in Alaska)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  09:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Insurance companies are a bunch of legal crooks! It's a major joke when it comes to healthcare. HMO's suck royally. They tell you who you can see, what tests are allowed to be ordered, they substitute medications because they are cheaper and the docs get perks for following their substandard rules. The patients get screwed. The insurance companies also don't pay their claims on time and you keep getting bills from the hospitals, etc., threatening to turn it over to bill collection agencies. I have had it with the system. Car insurance is another one. I had my accident last september and they still haven't paid the emergency room, ambulance company, chiropractor, and so on..... Something needs to be done, the cost of healthcare is astronomical and it's just getting worse. Hospitals are severely understaffed and the nurses are underpaid. I can see many hositals closing their doors due the lack of nurses to care for the patients. And I'm so sick and tired of those commercials from the slimey, slithering lawyers trying to get clients to sue for a hangnail. It's a vicious circle!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  11:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Insurance companies are a bunch of legal crooks! It's a major joke when it comes to healthcare. HMO's suck royally. They tell you who you can see, what tests are allowed to be ordered, they substitute medications because they are cheaper and the docs get perks for following their substandard rules. The patients get screwed. The insurance companies also don't pay their claims on time and you keep getting bills from the hospitals, etc., threatening to turn it over to bill collection agencies. I have had it with the system. Car insurance is another one. I had my accident last september and they still haven't paid the emergency room, ambulance company, chiropractor, and so on..... Something needs to be done, the cost of healthcare is astronomical and it's just getting worse. Hospitals are severely understaffed and the nurses are underpaid. I can see many hositals closing their doors due the lack of nurses to care for the patients. And I'm so sick and tired of those commercials from the slimey, slithering lawyers trying to get clients to sue for a hangnail. It's a vicious circle!

You are dead on, but you left out the fact that HMO's, PPO's, DMO's etc. all screw over the doctor as well. The insurance companies are only willing to pay for the cheapest procedure, not necessarily the best, or in some cases, necessary procedure... and the doctors don't even get their full fees. Not only that, but half the time the insurance companies will deny treatment because they "disagree" with the diagnosis, forcing the doctors to argue with the insurance companies just to be able to perform something that needs to be done. This is all not to mention the fact that when the insurance companies cheap out on the procedure that SHOULD be done in favor of something less expensive, and something goes wrong later down the line that should have been prevented with proper treatment in the first place, the doctors are the one who take the heat in the form of malpractice suits. It really just sucks.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  11:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you that the insurance companies have the doctors by the balls. But there are a lot of doctors out there that got their MD in a cracker jack box and don't know how to practice medicine, believe me! Ther is an abuse of testing and diagnostic procedure for sure and the good physicians are being penalized for it!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  9:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bottom Line: WE NEED A NEW SYSTEM!!!

All above is correct, and the vicious circle goes on and on, and the ones who suffer the most are the bill payers, the average joe, the working man(or woman). We are fucked from the gitgo. The govt looks out for big business, while they say they are PROTECTING us. Our interests come last in the GRAND$ scheme of things. Ohhhh, don't get me started.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  9:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky said:
quote:
...but half the time the insurance companies will deny treatment because they "disagree" with the diagnosis, forcing the doctors to argue with the insurance companies just to be able to perform something that needs to be done...

Definitely true. My family has experienced this first hand. My mother suffers from fibromyalgia and even with her doctors' diagnosis and everything, she had to go through all kinds of shit for years before she finally was able to retire on disability. But all that didn't just involve insurance, it of course had a lot to do with social security... it's our wonderful gov't that forced her to work for years when she shouldn't have been. Arghh...... don't get me started either(too late though I guess, ).

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  11:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Quote from the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Now I will point out what I consider the most IMPORTANT part:

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Are you with me DirtySloth, I think it is time to shake things up and start again. We need to institute a govt that is ACTUALLY concerned for our "SAFETY and HAPPINESS". These days, I see very few signs of that.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  01:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd say abolishing the current government would be a bit extreme. Maybe amending the current government to better suit the needs of its citizens is the way to go.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  01:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
..............but like that will ever happen........

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  03:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh...UTOPIA!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  03:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ps: It does say.....
quote:
it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

I don't think there is time to start from scratch. At least if it is gonna happen in my lifetime.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  10:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, it took over 200 years to get to where it is now, so why should it get fixed in your lifetime?

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  04:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Touche!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  06:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I can enjoy a blissful existence as I roll into my "Golden Years"!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure would be nice to fix it in our lifetime, tho. But whatever happens happens.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  04:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am a firm believer that it will never be FIXED in my lifetime. I am a realist, but I would love to see things on the road to recovery so future generations can have it better than we have had it. As far as I am concerned the world is on a "Downward Spiral" and if something isn't done soon. EVERYONE is fucked! Including you and me!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  06:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..........well.......I feel refreshed!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000