New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  7:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking seriously about buying a bass guitar. I've seen some at my local music store for as low as $150, but cheaper doesnt usually mean better. Right now, i'm going to go and check on the net for some prices. Then, there's the amp. Again, whats a good and reliable brand. Thanks for the help.

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  8:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Samick basses are the best you can get for the $ when talking about cheap basses. Amps? I like Gallien-Krueger's new line of L.A. Series? I think that's what they're called. They're very good for the $. I think you can get a small 8' for about 200, but that's still pretty pricey for your basic amp. Fender's BXR amps are good and cheap but they don't last long. Hope this helps.

O, also, if you want to spend around 500 dollars, Cort Curbow basses are sweet. They have Bartolini pickups and are designed by Greg Curbow who's kickass. These come in 4, 5, and 6.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  8:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Samick basses are the best you can get for the $ when talking about cheap basses.

Does that go for 12-strings as well? Because I got a Samick for Christmas.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  01:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have absolutely no idea about 12 strings. I only know of the 4 string bass Samick Precision and Musicman copies.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  03:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  8:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, i'll look into those.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  9:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of bass, any one heard "Improv-Amazing Grace" on "Live Art?" Disc 2? Victor Wooten is awesome, and i'm thinking of buying one of his cds. Anyone here own one?

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay.
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have Yin Yang, it has some cool tracks, but alot of his stuff is kinda corny as far as songs go...the playing is awesome though...
I hear Show of Hands is supposed to be good. If u really want to hear him doing cool stuff that's not corny get a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones album or 2.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  5:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ying Yang, thanks Fleabass, i'll look into that. Especially his live CD, I've heard some pretty amazing stuff on that.

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay.
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Andy86
Is Anybody Here?

30 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  10:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree on Samick basses. My bro has one that I absolutely love, and he only got it for $200 I think.

Phil

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000