damn the FTP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  7:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just when i want to get some more tim videos i remember that the ftp site is down. WHY!!! someone, please give some space. PLEASE!!! i need me tim fix.

thanks,
reese

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  09:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm ... if we all went in on it together, we could get an FTP server. They're about $20-$40 a month for something with decient space.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  10:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't matter for me, I don't have the connection speed to allow me to download stuff. So I guess you can count me oot. But it does sound cool. A completely fan run FTP site. I can dig it.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2002 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
with the speed that the old ftp was hitting? I remember getting 250 KB/s on average from there, it was wonderful.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2002 :  2:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was usually at 350-450!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2002 :  5:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
grr.

college connection? mine was a cable modem in queens, NY, so it mightve been drained by other cable usage...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to get one setup on my home computer, I have a 1MB connection and could support unlimited users really - just have to watch out for others sucking down bandwidth.

Lemme get my linux server complete stabalized and secure and I'll see what I can do.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  5:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that would be pretty cool to have a fan run ftp. alathough it would probably get pretty heated when trying to decide what to put on the site. but of course a simple solution to that is of course everything. but with a democratic system i think it could work. but lotus, keep working on that thing your doing, and keep us informed.

reese

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  6:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe the old FTP site was hosted by someone that used to post on the board back when it was looseinterpretations.com. That definitely would be very cool of you BL... you sure you want to suck up your bandwidth that way though?
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000