New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  7:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was just sittin here thinkin about what i wanted to write. and i thought abut one of my fav. dave songs lover lay down man that takes out any wonder of why i love dave so much even though i havent been fan for very long.

Hey guys if u give a friend two blank cds to burn live at luther and he only gives u one back because the power went out and it ruined the other one what should i do or even better what should he do. and another thing i just cant get enough dave lately i dont know why but i just cant even sleep unless its to the sounds of dave.

peace to every one

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  8:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's what I think you should do about the guy only giving you one cd when you gave him two.

First, buy the album, like you should, because that's the legal way to do things.

Second, listen to Dave all the time. Realize that Luther College is so good because of TIM.

Third, when posting about Dave, do it at DMBML.com

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  8:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, if you trusted your friend to burn you the cd's, he'd do it. I'm sure he'll get 'em out soon enough. Besides, burnt cd's arent as good as the real ones. And if you cant get enough of Dave, go out with $20 and buy Live at Chicago. The best Dave Matthews Band collection.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  8:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Someone else: Dude, that sounded really harsh.

Me: And? . . . . . . .

No offence SGWAG, I just had to get that out there. You're more than welcome (by me, I can't speak for everyone, of course) to be here.

We've been needing some guy with a guitar around here...

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  11:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree though... if it's a group that you like, you should support them by buying the cd's.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  11:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, when are Dave and Tim doing a tour agian?

Egads ... sorry.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  12:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought they hated each other.....

I'm sorry too.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  02:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed they do! I have been saying this for years! I will scream it from the highest Mt. THEY HATE EACH OTHER!! HEHE

since we all know this is not true, If you don't believe me read the comments by Pat Reilly in the post linked below. He has it straight from Daves mouth to our message board!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=887

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  09:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would like to point out the message board laws again: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=971

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  12:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, since this is basically about DMB anyway...

I went and heard the Dave Matthews Cover Band from Athens, GA last night here in Oxford. Holy shit, the resemblance to the real DMB is absolutely UNCANNY. If I couldn't have proved otherwise by sitting there and watching, I would have sworn up and down that the guy was just mouthing the words and playing a DMB cd (unfortunately not LLC, so there was no great TIM stuff). But holy shit, I couldn't believe it. All of them are really good. Now if they'd only come up with their own stuff, change their name...they might make something of themselves.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  7:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree the reason i love live at luther so much is because of the awsome sollos that tim has

like in trippin billies when dave goes timmy and he starts plucking away at his guitar u should downloud that vedio because i nearly craped myself when i saw it

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  8:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DMCB is awesome... I saw them in Athens about 2 years ago. Funny how the guy's name is Dave. He really is as close to the real deal as you can get.
-J

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  8:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, I live in Georgia, and I saw a couple of days ago that Dave Matthews isn't coming to Atlanta. I got pretty upset because last year I found out Dave was coming to Atlanta the day before he performed, it sucked balls.

P.S.Hey! My name is Dave too, well, acually it's David, but still, hardy har har.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  9:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not worried... I'm sure they'll add another leg to this tour. It's nowhere near as complete a list of cities as usual. Worst case scenario is that they don't do it this time around, but they come around on their normal summer tour like they do every year.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  9:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way... where are you from in Ga.?
-J

Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  09:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im from ga too and my friend said they werent coming around either that does suck balls. But we can always have a road trip or something.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000