Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Info for Flecktones' "Live at the Quick"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  2:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Amazon.com finally has the cd and DVD listed. I just pre-ordered the DVD. They have it for 14 bucks!! very cheap. They also have the track listing if you look at the info for the CD. It looks like this one will blow Live Art right out of the water. The only bad tihng is that I have to wait a whole month befor it it released

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  6:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can just POST POST POST until that. That gives you a whole month to just POST POST POST. Don't worry 1 month will come sooner than you think. Then you will get Bela! Did I mention he used my phone once?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  04:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
back to the top since this got buried and I know a lot of people were looking forward to getin this DVD.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  09:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I gotta ask ... who the hell are the Flecktones?

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's the band that Bela Fleck plays with. He is, for lack of a better description, the Tim Reynolds of the banjo. Vic Wooten also plays in that band, so there is some amazing talent between all of its members. They are quite genre breaking... not quite distiguishable as rock/pop/jazz/bluegrass etc. Definitely check them out!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting ... I'll see if I can find a song or two on the internet.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bela is definatley the Tim of the Banjo. And I'm rather under the impression that Vic is basically the Tim of the bass. Some of the other members are really good too, best I can tell.

I'd say, tho that most of their stuff can probably be categorized as bluegrass/jazz. I know they have lots of stuff that doesn't fall there, but overall, I think that's basically what they are. Maybe more jazz than bluegrass.

But they are great, either way. I love the banjo, for some reason...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  5:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
who doesn't?!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  2:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the banjo, but someone who doesn't(an Eddie Van Halen freak) told me this joke, which I still got a kick out of:

Q: What's the definitition of perfect pitch?
A: Tossing a banjo in the dumpster without touching the sides!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000