Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Satan banned in Fla. >>>>>
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  7:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This are no words that I could possibly use to describe the inherent humor in this article... just look at the picture of the Mayor... and look at what she says. And then read at the end where one of the residents is quoted about why they are opposed.

It's been a while since I've been able to make fun of an entire community... but it feels good to get it out of your system every so often.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/town.satan/index.html

-J

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  8:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
O my god.

Wait i dont have one. . . .

ok hows this.... What the hell?

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  9:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just say what Bender said on Futurama:
"Oh....your....God!"

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  9:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
O YOUR GOD!

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  9:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant reading! Again!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  9:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to ban Satan. But isn't this really just one more GOOD reason to HATE Florida? How stupid are they there? (hope none of you are from there, and if you are, please present proof of non-idiotness).

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  10:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is just another good reason to string up all religious extremists. She think's shes jsut simply because she's christian. Fuck her, fuck that town, fuck God and fuck all the morons that support her!!!!

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  10:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this unfortunate pack of low grade genetic defectives should be disembowled with a wooden cooking spoon. end of story. that's some dangerous genetic matierial floating around down there.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  10:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I was in NYC, specifically Little Italy, I saw one of those wooden cooking spoons that was about three feet long. I mean really, if your mom had smacked you with one of those, she would have probably broken a bone.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If i recall corectly, someones mother from here did smack me on the ass with a woden spoon, which was fallowed by a softened bone.... but it wasnt broaken thankfully. - pun

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  12:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't feel bad Xar! Come on! It's Florida for God's sake! America's wing!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  12:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think u mean wang. Americas wang.

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  01:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But some residents expressed reservations about the proclamation.

"I just think that when she put it on town letterhead, that she crossed the line," resident Polly Bowser told CNN. "There is an ordinance in our town that says that you do not use town letterhead for personal opinion, and that's exactly what she did."

It was this comment that put me on the floor laughing... it's like she completely missed the point. It was like in Dumb and Dumber... where you are expecting a serious reaction, but then the reaction is dumber than the initial stupidity.

"You know Lloyd... just when I think you couldn't get any dumber, you do something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!"

-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  03:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xar, I would love to hear the Prince of Darkness' comments on this travesty. Care to enlighten us?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I'd like to hear what Xar has to say as well. I'll admit my respose was a bit hot headed, but at least it was honest.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  3:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is pretty typical considering the average intellect of the populace. I do think it is a violation of the separation of church and State. However, it is just some redneck town and really doesn’t affect me.

I think it's humorous. I mean.. was Satan allowed there before?

There was a skit on Comedy Central about this article. It showed Satan running and growling towards the town and he saw a sign that said "Inglis City Limit". He started to yell and growl and I think he said "Oh know!", but it was garbled devil-talk.

-Xar666

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  4:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xar Said:
quote:
. However, it is just some redneck town and really doesn’t effect me.

I think it's humorous. I mean.. was Satan allowed there before?
The last part of your quote is exactly what went thru my mind. I was LOL. The first part has me confused though. It doesn't affect you, how can that be, YOU ARE The Prince of Darkness. Don't you take it the least bit personal? Guess you are a bigger diety than those yahoos give you credit for. I thought you would be reeking havoc on their little township, plagues and disease and whatnot. Just a thought!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  4:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It just amazes me what some people will do, really. This has got to be about the stupidest thing in the history of stupid. This woman should get kicked out of her position as a politician for combination of church and state at the very least.

That's fine if you firmly believe in your religion, that's your choice. But don't you dare try to force it down someone elses throat as if you are the messenger of some god. It is at that point, you become a biggot yourself.

Again, I have no problem with others that are religious, my wife is Catholic after all. Just "don't prey on me."

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  5:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We should all dress up in devil costumes and take a trip to that town.

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  5:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now THAT would be fucking hilarious!

-----------
Sometimes when you want to get away, you realise that you are away. Then, you spend the rest of your time trying to get back.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  8:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute...wait a minute....this REALLY happened?!! I thought it was from the Onion or something like that!!! OK! I now have absolutely no respect for Florida anymore (like I had any in the first place). What kind of IDIOT BANS satan from a town?!!!! I'm really sure Satan is weeping because now he can't go to his summer beach house. And if he still decided to go there, I would live to see someone stop him!!
Ummmmmm....excuse me...Mr. Lucifer...sir....I have a warrant for your arrest for entering our town. (deputy is burnt to a crisp)

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  11:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Count me in.

And once again, I can't stress enough to look at the last comment of the article. The resident is pissed not because of the new ordinance, but because the mayor put it on town stationary.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  05:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Count me in, and Xar can lead the way!!!! Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  05:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually make that, Xar and Rew, side by side, leading all of us. One angry mob of Satans!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  09:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you know what? watch this: i ban flying pigs from my town. it's pretty fucking easy to ban something that doesn't exist. how about banning murders and robberies. oh wait, that's tougher to enforce. but if we blame it on an invisible man, we don't have to take responsibility, do we?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  1:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's interesting dan p. I didn't think of that in that way. But insightful it is.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  1:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dan definately has a point. But I think this woman really believes she is protecting the town from Satan and that he will never ever appear.

Hell, if there is an apocolpyse, that's probably the first town his minions will wipe off the map.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  2:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hell, if there is an apocolpyse, that's probably the first town his minions will wipe off the map.

No, no, we have bigger headaches than rednecks.

-Xar666

Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  3:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
looks like Satan cant go to Spring Break there anymore, damn....

slavery is a perfect example of America's ability to lie to itself. -Long Memory
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  7:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I'd think that the prince of darkness would want to go somewhere cold for a change. Maybe Alaska.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  8:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
he should come to upstate new york. stir the shit up a little.
you know who else should come back to albany? tim reynolds.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  9:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think my dog is satan at times, does that count? I mean, would I be allowed to bring her to that town with me when I go there to burn down all the churches with xar?

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000