Pour one out for my homie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  10:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

So i awake this morning by my phone doing its version of la cucaracha (sp?) And i answer it in a scratchy voice that we all get first thing in the morning.

Scott(me):Hello
Art(my friend from milwaukee):Scott
S:yeah
A:i got some bad news
S:What?
A:Alex commited suicide. (Alex was one of my other close friends)
S:(Long pause) Jesus.

. . .
. . .
. . .

I'll talk to you all later.

- Cresentfresh.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey St Jude, I feel for you my friend. Same thing happened to me a couple of years back. It's a senseless tragedy when it happens. There is just NO understanding it. Try to remember the good experiences. Don't blame yourself. I hate trying to console someone thru this "infernal glowing box"!! Know that if I was there, I would a nice big hug and shoulder to lean on. Support, if you will. I can still be that support. It will just have to be long distance. I am touched by your loss. If you need to talk, know I AM HERE!! I have lost many friends in the crazy mixed up world. None of them ever makes sense. I have 2 tatts on my chest. One of them is the ALIVE stick figure from the PJ single. For me, it is not a pearl jam tatt, it is a tribute to a lost friend and it means for me, I will never forget him and he is ALIVE. His name was Gene Hawkins. A very dear friend and bandmate. We started out playing and touring together in a local band called The NOW. He moved on to greener pastures into a band Called Lucy Brown who were on Megaforce. I toured with this outfit as well when they were the opening act for Pantera. GREAT TIMES!! My other tatt is for Adam Rutland, a co-worker and someone I also worked with musically. He had just tried out for the RHCP as the new guitarist after Hilel died. They were his fave band. We were all hoping this would be his big break. He flew out to LA but it just wasn't in the cards. He came back and made a big local splash with a band called THUD. He was a awesome cat and a dear friend. I have a tattoo of large letter "Z" on my chest as well. In the greek alphabet the letter Z means "HE IS ALIVE". So always remember to remember him and tell people about him, keep HIS NAME ALIVE! He will live on in you, thru the good times you had. Again, Good luck and know I am here if you need to talk. Peace man! and STAY STRONG!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saint Jude, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're ok. I don't know anything else to say, but like Fluffy, I'm here if you want to email me or anything.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  2:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dude ... damn .... I got similar news this morning. A friend passed away in his sleep lastnight, he was 27. I guess today just isn't a good day.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  5:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear... one of my close friends had the same thing happen about 2 weeks ago. One of his longtime friends since grade school killed himself. Though it didn't happen directly to me, I was deeply moved by it since such a close friend of mine was in pain. In his highly emotional state, he made me promise that I would never kill myself... which must have clicked something in my brain, because it made me realize how thankful we should be for the friends that we DO have. We should never take anyone for granted, and never go to bed angry. But keep in mind, that much like he is ok, you will be too. Sorry to hear of your loss and try to stay cool and focus on all that is going great in your life.
-J

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  8:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...Gene Hawkins...Adam Rutland

Now I'm teary eyed... I miss Gene and The Now. (If you ever find a way to put any of their songs on a CD, I'll take it!) I don't know if I ever met Adam, but one day his dad sent me an email because I mentioned "American Skin" on my website. He said he thought it was so great that Adam would always live in the memories of his friends and in that movie.

So many of these guys don't realize how much they are loved and many people will be impacted by their absence.

teri
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  9:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel for ya Saint. I had a best friend in preschool... his name was Lucas. He was actually one of my best friends from when I was about two until I was eight. We didn't go to the same elementary or junior high schools though, so as time went on we sort of went our separate ways... last time I talked to him was in fifth grade. I was looking forward to the day that we'd go to high school together. I never called him or anything... I was just sure that everything would be cool later on. One day I go over to my mother's place and she showed me his obituary. He took his own life when he was just 14. That's when I learned that, like Silky said, "we should never take anyone for granted".

It was only a few months later that one of my current best friends' mother took her life. I couldn't imagine what my friend was going through, and is still going through(even though it's been over two years... I can tell it's still tough for him). It is one of the saddest things I've ever been a part of.

I don't really have any advice... I urge you to do your best to try, but telling you to look on the bright side of things is easier said than done... just know that we're all here for you if you need us.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  9:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I apreciate all of your kind words. It's really nice to have people i hardly know be able to tell me things that are rather personal. And its nice to be able to do the same. Well i shouldnt say we hardly know eachother, but if we passed eachother on the street we wouldnt be able to recognize eachother.

anyway - I'm sure i'll be fine in a while.

So once again thanks all.

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  10:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So sorry Saint Jude... Big hug for you....

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heres a sight his dad made for him... please take a look

http://www.execpc.com/~shaved/alex/alex.html

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well....I'm not very good at words of wisdom, but here goes....
Life always gets better, at least that's what I believe. But I think that you should be celebrating his life instead of brooding over his death. I saw the website, and that was the message that it conveyed. Times can be tough and life can get rough, but its best to start each day anew.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My deepest sympathies for you loss bro, I'm feeling your pain today.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Same goes for you, when you have a close friend die, it really just puts everything into perspective. And i would just like to make sure that all of you here know that i love you all. Wish you all the best in life, and if u need someone to talk to just give me a email. I'm not the best with words as you can tell by my speldingses errors, but hey, after a few hours u can tell what i mean.

Take it easy.

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  04:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that... DEATH is the one thing that I just dont get, I have a very hard time comprehending/understanding, and coping with it. I'm sorry I can't offer any more than my honost sorrow.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  04:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sorry I can't offer any more than my honost sorrow.

That's all you need to give.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  3:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello everyone,

So i awake this morning by my phone doing its version of la cucaracha (sp?) And i answer it in a scratchy voice that we all get first thing in the morning.

Scott(me):Hello
Art(my friend from milwaukee):Scott
S:yeah
A:i got some bad news
S:What?
A:Alex commited suicide. (Alex was one of my other close friends)
S:(Long pause) Jesus.

. . .
. . .
. . .

I'll talk to you all later.

- Cresentfresh.

im just glad i missed your call to me, at least im assuming thats why you called me that day...either way though, it was still a huge shock...

Temporaryism has been the back bone, and Jesus of our age -Incubus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000