Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Just how good is Sanctuary?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jamie M Posted - 01/05/2002 : 7:12:31 PM
I've decided I can't go any longer without Gossip of the Neurons, so I'm going to order it as soon as I have some money.
But I figure if I'm ordering from Musictoday, I might as well get the much cheaper(than Amazon) Sanctuary at the same time to save the cost of two seperate orders. Is this a smart idea? Is Sanctuary worth the money?
I'm probably going to get it eventually anyway, but do I need it now?

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2002 : 10:21:27 PM
Glad you like it Jamie! I love both TR's acoustic and electric stuff, but I still like disc 2 better. As EnthuTIMsiast stated, I bet the 1st disc will grow on you more with TIMe. The 2nd disc with the sitar-like soundz really rocks me. For a long time I actually thought TR was playing a sitar on that disc. Turns out he just had the guitar tuned some strange way and used a slide. Pretty amazing! But thats TIM!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/22/2002 : 5:09:20 PM
Ya man, give that first disc a chance and some time and you'll probably end up like me...I like it just about as well as the second one now. I can totally dig the electric stuff thanks to that first disc. It is good, but I was like you and so I agree, it is harder to get into.

Peace and Keep the Faith

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Jamie M Posted - 01/22/2002 : 4:38:47 PM
Wow, it's here, I can't believe it. 8 days for an estimated 2-4 weeks. Luckily(sort of), it's exam time so I got to stay home today and listen to my new Tim CDs.
I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the second Sanctuary disc. I'm now listening to it the second time through. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm now very happy I made the order. The first disc is not exactly my type of music, but it's basically what I expected, so at least I'm not disappointed. There's still some good stuff on there. Maybe one day I'll come around.

Jamie M Posted - 01/21/2002 : 6:05:12 PM
Will do... I ordered last week so it'll be here soon enough.

Fluffy Posted - 01/21/2002 : 11:44:46 AM
Hey Jamie, it is a brilliant album and the one I recommend most when working the merch table, because you get so many sides of TR with this one. I really hope you like it. LMK what you think when you get it and get to listen to it a few times.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jamie M Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:30:43 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll just need to wait a bit longer to get the money. The Canadian exchange is terrible right now!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/06/2002 : 02:26:52 AM
I agree, Sanctuary is a must have.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2002 : 01:26:12 AM
Sanctuary is a must have, it shows all sides of Tim's playing. ORDER IT!

pcbTIM Posted - 01/05/2002 : 9:33:15 PM
Of course it's necessary! If you're even thinking about considering buying a TR CD, then you know that it is going to be in your possession sooner or later, so why not sooner rather than later.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000