Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 THE TRALF IS GONE!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarted Posted - 07/22/2004 : 10:27:29 AM
http://www.tralf.com/

3 days after the Tim concert, it closed!

WTF!!

EDIT: ... oops, I may have posted this in the wrong place. It seemed Tim related at the time...
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 07/30/2004 : 10:43:55 PM
Has anyone been by to see if it's still there? Maybe it didn't close, maybe it was STOLEN!

It is Buffalo afterall! LOL

On a serious note: I am sorry to see it go, I really enjoyed doing shows there. I played another kewl venue in Buffalo with Chris Whitley, I think it was called Nietzche's. It is more of a "dingy little rock club" but the vibe is awesome. I could see TR playing there. Might be more suited to his electric stuff but it could make due in a pinch for an acoustic show.
Mave Datthews 85 Posted - 07/22/2004 : 10:52:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

Buy a pitcher or nothing, else you will be rrrrrrrrrrrripped off.

you might even make that noise...

especially if the nachos make you fart.
guitarted Posted - 07/22/2004 : 2:22:59 PM
I didn't say the portions were good, but the food itself was tasty. We bought a nacho platter between the two of us and it was sufficient.

I learnt not to buy individual drinks there. Buy a pitcher or nothing, else you will be rrrrrrrrrrrripped off.

you might even make that noise...
Mave Datthews 85 Posted - 07/22/2004 : 1:29:33 PM
yeah, definitely a shame for the Tralf - that place has been here a looooong time and has been one of the premier places for music in B-lo.

however, i certainly HOPE the food was good, guitarted. we (3 ppl) got a personal pizza that wouldn't have filled me up alone, and it was like 6 bucks, plus a pitcher of pop that only lasted a couple drinks each, plus the cups they gave us were tiny. RIP OFF. (again, i'm not too surprised they lost business).
guitarted Posted - 07/22/2004 : 1:20:13 PM
I'm SUPER PISSED. That's the closest place in the U.S.A. for me to drive to!

I noticed Tim has done a couple of shows at the tralf and I was hoping he'd do another.

Jamie M and I are SO down for seeing him again.

The intimacy of the Tralf was awesome. The food was pretty good too.
PJK Posted - 07/22/2004 : 1:16:48 PM
What a shame! I guess it is Buffalo's economy. Maybe someone else will buy it. Sad when these places close down.
CPPJames Posted - 07/22/2004 : 12:58:43 PM
I'm actually a little pissed off about it. It's one of the few places that has an even remotely intimate feeling in the area. It managed to actually pull some reasonably talented acts through consistently, while keeping all the crap out. I've heard plenty of solid jazz music there over the years and I'm more than a little disappointed to see it go.
Mave Datthews 85 Posted - 07/22/2004 : 12:41:29 PM
holy shit! can't say i'm too surprised though, i think i did hear that they were losing business. thank god we go to see Tim first!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000