Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  10:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tralf.com/

3 days after the Tim concert, it closed!

WTF!!

EDIT: ... oops, I may have posted this in the wrong place. It seemed Tim related at the time...

Tim, come to Canada!

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy shit! can't say i'm too surprised though, i think i did hear that they were losing business. thank god we go to see Tim first!!!

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  12:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually a little pissed off about it. It's one of the few places that has an even remotely intimate feeling in the area. It managed to actually pull some reasonably talented acts through consistently, while keeping all the crap out. I've heard plenty of solid jazz music there over the years and I'm more than a little disappointed to see it go.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  1:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a shame! I guess it is Buffalo's economy. Maybe someone else will buy it. Sad when these places close down.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  1:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm SUPER PISSED. That's the closest place in the U.S.A. for me to drive to!

I noticed Tim has done a couple of shows at the tralf and I was hoping he'd do another.

Jamie M and I are SO down for seeing him again.

The intimacy of the Tralf was awesome. The food was pretty good too.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  1:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, definitely a shame for the Tralf - that place has been here a looooong time and has been one of the premier places for music in B-lo.

however, i certainly HOPE the food was good, guitarted. we (3 ppl) got a personal pizza that wouldn't have filled me up alone, and it was like 6 bucks, plus a pitcher of pop that only lasted a couple drinks each, plus the cups they gave us were tiny. RIP OFF. (again, i'm not too surprised they lost business).

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  2:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't say the portions were good, but the food itself was tasty. We bought a nacho platter between the two of us and it was sufficient.

I learnt not to buy individual drinks there. Buy a pitcher or nothing, else you will be rrrrrrrrrrrripped off.

you might even make that noise...

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  10:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

Buy a pitcher or nothing, else you will be rrrrrrrrrrrripped off.

you might even make that noise...

especially if the nachos make you fart.

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  10:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been by to see if it's still there? Maybe it didn't close, maybe it was STOLEN!

It is Buffalo afterall! LOL

On a serious note: I am sorry to see it go, I really enjoyed doing shows there. I played another kewl venue in Buffalo with Chris Whitley, I think it was called Nietzche's. It is more of a "dingy little rock club" but the vibe is awesome. I could see TR playing there. Might be more suited to his electric stuff but it could make due in a pinch for an acoustic show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000