Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim on Driven

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zachmozach Posted - 12/21/2003 : 4:43:48 PM
I was watching VH1's Driven on Dave Matthews and lo and behold they had a short (too short) Tim section. They showed a video of him with TR3 playing that was once again too short, but it was good to see that they at least included Tim in Dave's story. It will probably re-air so check for listings if you want to see a little Tim.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Seth Watters Posted - 12/25/2003 : 3:05:25 PM
Yea, I saw that too. They talked about how Tim gave Dave the courage to actually go up on stage and play. It was awesome the way they gave Tim credit for that.
Arthen Posted - 12/24/2003 : 5:55:34 PM
I'm just glad that they make the point that Tim was the one who got Dave to start playing in public.
Bustoff Posted - 12/23/2003 : 8:02:54 PM
Wow i can't believe i missed this. Kevin, I agree - we have to get ahold of that TR3 video somehow.

BTW, i checked and the show re-airs on VH1 on January 6th at 4:00 pm and January 17th at 2:00 am.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/22/2003 : 4:15:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Wow, that was a cool little show... I wish it would have kept going, as it ended around the Crash/Grammy era.

That's usually how Driven works. Driven is about an artist starting out, and how they went from nothing to being a star, not their complete story/biography. Behind the Music is more along the lines of a complete biography, and a Dave Matthews BTM would most likely continue on through Some Devil. Also, a Dave Matthews BTM would have to be one of the two hour episodes definitely, which is made evident by the fact that the Driven show took exactly an hour and ended with Crash and the grammy win.

I really enjoyed the Tim part, I was hoping they'd interviewed him for the show. But seeing Gilmore was sweet too. It was cool seeing the TR3 video, and the early videos of Dave and the band as well.

Adam
KevinLesko Posted - 12/22/2003 : 02:05:47 AM
Wow, that was a cool little show... I wish it would have kept going, as it ended around the Crash/Grammy era.

They also showed clips and interviews with Greg Howard, John D'Earth, and Johnny Gilmore (the drummer from TR3/Puke Matrix).

I loved the TR portion, and now we know that there is a video in exsistance of a very early TR3 show, so we'll have to get our paws on that somehow. Pam, I agree... a TR Driven would be great!
PJK Posted - 12/22/2003 : 01:15:08 AM
Thanks for posting about this. I just caught the 12am show. I was really facinated as I didn't know much about Dave other than his music. I loved the TIM part and yes, it was too short. Now I would love to see a whole show about TIM! Talk about someone who is driven!!!!!
KevinLesko Posted - 12/21/2003 : 4:58:52 PM
Thanks sooooo much for the heads up on this... I checked and it is indeed playing at 10:00pm tonight here on the old left coast. I would have missed this if you wouldn't have posted, so thanks again.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000