New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2003 :  4:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching VH1's Driven on Dave Matthews and lo and behold they had a short (too short) Tim section. They showed a video of him with TR3 playing that was once again too short, but it was good to see that they at least included Tim in Dave's story. It will probably re-air so check for listings if you want to see a little Tim.

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2003 :  4:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks sooooo much for the heads up on this... I checked and it is indeed playing at 10:00pm tonight here on the old left coast. I would have missed this if you wouldn't have posted, so thanks again.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  01:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting about this. I just caught the 12am show. I was really facinated as I didn't know much about Dave other than his music. I loved the TIM part and yes, it was too short. Now I would love to see a whole show about TIM! Talk about someone who is driven!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  02:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was a cool little show... I wish it would have kept going, as it ended around the Crash/Grammy era.

They also showed clips and interviews with Greg Howard, John D'Earth, and Johnny Gilmore (the drummer from TR3/Puke Matrix).

I loved the TR portion, and now we know that there is a video in exsistance of a very early TR3 show, so we'll have to get our paws on that somehow. Pam, I agree... a TR Driven would be great!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  4:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Wow, that was a cool little show... I wish it would have kept going, as it ended around the Crash/Grammy era.

That's usually how Driven works. Driven is about an artist starting out, and how they went from nothing to being a star, not their complete story/biography. Behind the Music is more along the lines of a complete biography, and a Dave Matthews BTM would most likely continue on through Some Devil. Also, a Dave Matthews BTM would have to be one of the two hour episodes definitely, which is made evident by the fact that the Driven show took exactly an hour and ended with Crash and the grammy win.

I really enjoyed the Tim part, I was hoping they'd interviewed him for the show. But seeing Gilmore was sweet too. It was cool seeing the TR3 video, and the early videos of Dave and the band as well.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  8:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow i can't believe i missed this. Kevin, I agree - we have to get ahold of that TR3 video somehow.

BTW, i checked and the show re-airs on VH1 on January 6th at 4:00 pm and January 17th at 2:00 am.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  5:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just glad that they make the point that Tim was the one who got Dave to start playing in public.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Seth Watters
Is Anybody Here?

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Seth Watters an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I saw that too. They talked about how Tim gave Dave the courage to actually go up on stage and play. It was awesome the way they gave Tim credit for that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000