Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 My how times have changed....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 11/14/2003 : 01:50:23 AM
Just going back and reading a few of the old interviews, and read this, only from 3 years ago:

quote:
JS: Do you bring an electric with you when you're doing the acoustic tours?

TR: No, and the reason is the way I have my acoustic setup is that it's physically harder to play, because since it's an acoustic instrument, I wanna get that nice fat tone. So I use thicker strings and a little higher action to achieve that. If I was to play electric for a couple hours then go back to the acoustic it would be like...

JS: Painful to play.

TR: Yeah. So that's one of the reasons I don't like to do both of em in the same night. I mean, I guess I could setup my acoustic so it's easier to play, but... whatever. I did some before like that, but playing the electric and then going back to the acoustic, I didn't feel like I had the facility as if I just played acoustic. So it's kinda like I wanna be able to play the acoustic really well, and I feel playing electric would sacrifice so much of the technical whatever. So that's why I do one or the other. When I play electric I like to just wail on that all night long.

JS: This is another odd one, but have you ever considered a solo electric tour?

Not only Did TR do a solo electric tour, but he now plays the equilibrium shows, which are both solo and electric... just goes to show you how inspiration can completely change your mind.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 11/19/2003 : 1:27:11 PM
TR saw this and had this to say about the subject:

"pretty funny eh?.........that all changed in January 2002
when I first learned how to program the zoom 234 drum machine....then
all of a sudden my reality changed and I had new badass virtualband.
Then I just had to break out the electric. It works for me to do an
acoustic set before the electric, the trasition is less of a shock to
the fingers. For a long time I backed off the idea of a dual mode show,
but now I realize that to do both modes is ultimately fulfilling".
Arthen Posted - 11/16/2003 : 01:52:29 AM
Wow, heavy eh Jay? I don't think I've ever played on the heavier sets of strings.
Jay Posted - 11/15/2003 : 7:00:20 PM
I play heavy gauge strings, which are .60-.14...they're gigantic, and when I go to play an electric, I don't feel comfortable...it's almost too wirey and not as sturdy feeling as an acoustic with heavy strings...ONly problem with heavies is that your fingers hurt horribly after a while...
Zachmozach Posted - 11/14/2003 : 2:56:28 PM
I know where he's coming from though. I have huge strings on the acoustic and if I start playing on anything other than that it feels like a monster to play. Although if I start on the acoustic I can't even tell that it's any harder or different to play. Guess that's why he mostly plays acoustic first eh.
Erich Posted - 11/14/2003 : 01:56:59 AM
yeah, i remember this and thought about it a lot durring the shows.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000