TRelated Topics
 My how times have changed....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  01:50:23 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just going back and reading a few of the old interviews, and read this, only from 3 years ago:

quote:
JS: Do you bring an electric with you when you're doing the acoustic tours?

TR: No, and the reason is the way I have my acoustic setup is that it's physically harder to play, because since it's an acoustic instrument, I wanna get that nice fat tone. So I use thicker strings and a little higher action to achieve that. If I was to play electric for a couple hours then go back to the acoustic it would be like...

JS: Painful to play.

TR: Yeah. So that's one of the reasons I don't like to do both of em in the same night. I mean, I guess I could setup my acoustic so it's easier to play, but... whatever. I did some before like that, but playing the electric and then going back to the acoustic, I didn't feel like I had the facility as if I just played acoustic. So it's kinda like I wanna be able to play the acoustic really well, and I feel playing electric would sacrifice so much of the technical whatever. So that's why I do one or the other. When I play electric I like to just wail on that all night long.

JS: This is another odd one, but have you ever considered a solo electric tour?

Not only Did TR do a solo electric tour, but he now plays the equilibrium shows, which are both solo and electric... just goes to show you how inspiration can completely change your mind.

god
Kevin

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  01:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i remember this and thought about it a lot durring the shows.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know where he's coming from though. I have huge strings on the acoustic and if I start playing on anything other than that it feels like a monster to play. Although if I start on the acoustic I can't even tell that it's any harder or different to play. Guess that's why he mostly plays acoustic first eh.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  7:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I play heavy gauge strings, which are .60-.14...they're gigantic, and when I go to play an electric, I don't feel comfortable...it's almost too wirey and not as sturdy feeling as an acoustic with heavy strings...ONly problem with heavies is that your fingers hurt horribly after a while...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  01:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, heavy eh Jay? I don't think I've ever played on the heavier sets of strings.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR saw this and had this to say about the subject:

"pretty funny eh?.........that all changed in January 2002
when I first learned how to program the zoom 234 drum machine....then
all of a sudden my reality changed and I had new badass virtualband.
Then I just had to break out the electric. It works for me to do an
acoustic set before the electric, the trasition is less of a shock to
the fingers. For a long time I backed off the idea of a dual mode show,
but now I realize that to do both modes is ultimately fulfilling".

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000