Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 "Ouch! That is simply awful!"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich Posted - 02/03/2003 : 02:29:01 AM
*laughs*. So Ive been asking some segovia/bach forums for help on that classical piece tim does that he forgot the name for, and I uploaded the versions that were from the '99 d+t tour where he does it through the wah pedal. first response to that:

"Ouch! That is simply awful! Not the playing, just the sound, sorry. It's certainly a Bach minuet, but I can't put my finger on which one. It's probably derived from a keyboard work...sorry I'm not more help, but I have faith in the folks of this board."

I found that pretty funny. I can easily understand how people so atuned to the classical style of playing would react to tims unorthodox manipulation of the guitar, hehe. Also, for anyone interested in that piece i cant name:

http://www.angelfire.com/weird/erichwanh/index.html

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 02/16/2003 : 02:51:45 AM
TTT for Jon
PJK Posted - 02/09/2003 : 07:08:01 AM
Fluffy, did you go into Erich's post at the top? Each piece has a date, same song just a bit different sound, any way they are from concerts, do you have the set lists of any of those????? They may predate you as tour manager, I don't know.

I sure hope you have info. because this is truely DRIVING ME NUTS...I know short trip, hehehe. Seriously, you would have 2 people who would be VERY thankful for an answer!

I am still not sure it isn't a Robert De Visee piece. It sounds a lot like him.
Fluffy Posted - 02/09/2003 : 03:14:43 AM
So it's a Bach piece that Segovia performed? It still shouldn't be that hard to find out what it is. Take it to like a Tower Records to the classical dept. Those folks will probably recognize it immediately if it is a Bach piece. Where was it recorded? Or where is it from? Could the title be on a setlist?
Erich Posted - 02/09/2003 : 12:42:53 AM
fluffy, sorry to not respond early... the piece youre talking about it Courante by Bach. Its a fantastic piece, but its unfortunatly not what i was wodering about. I had asked Tim in Baltimore if he knew the name of this piece and he said he couldnt remembre but it was a segovia piece he liked. Ah well, I'll find out one day.
Fluffy Posted - 02/08/2003 : 9:41:52 PM
TTT for JonSoldo, where is that bastard? HEHE j/k He is probably busy busy busy with school and A LIFE. HEHE
PJK Posted - 02/07/2003 : 05:43:32 AM
Sweet, can't wait to find out!
Fluffy Posted - 02/07/2003 : 05:41:43 AM
I don't know if the one you and Erich are talking about is Bach, but I do know that TR used to do a Bach piece that Jon Soldo would always go gaga over. Hopefully it is one and the same. I just don't remember which piece, but I am sure Soldo will. In fact, I think Jon has live recordings of TR playing the Bach piece that I am talking about.
PJK Posted - 02/07/2003 : 05:27:26 AM
Thanks Fluffy, this one was really driving me crazy! I thought it was the Menuet from Robert DeVisee, but then I listened to it again and it wasn't........I know I heard this before and I kept serching my Bach and nothing. Probably is Bach. Just can't find which piece.

Maybe I will search through some of my music again while I wait to see if my daughter's college closed. Hummmmmm
Fluffy Posted - 02/07/2003 : 05:11:40 AM
I have also emailed Jon asking him to take a few minutes out of his BUSY schedule to see if he can answer this puzzle for you guys. Hopefully, he will be by tomorrow for an answer.
PJK Posted - 02/06/2003 : 3:37:27 PM
TTT Erich, I know you probably forgot about this but it is seriously driving me nuts....now I am thinking it's a church hym, which it could also be since the music is often from the classical pieces.

Anyway I emailed Jon, but so far no answer. I know he is really busy too. I just HAVE to find this piece because I can't get it out of my mind! If you found out ANYTHING please let me know!!!!

BTW....How was James Brown, hummmm??????
PJK Posted - 02/05/2003 : 07:27:35 AM
Don't get too excited Erich, I think I was close but not quite it.

Sorry, this is driving me nuts! If you find out let me know. I am going to email Jon, did you do that???
Erich Posted - 02/05/2003 : 02:29:09 AM
aaah!! I hope youre right, and if you are I couldnt express how happy i would be
PJK Posted - 02/04/2003 : 11:53:04 PM
Erich, I could be wrong but I think it is by Robert De Visee:Menuet

If you have the legendary Segovia it is track 5

Just my guess.
Pam
Fluffy Posted - 02/03/2003 : 8:00:48 PM
Did you ask Jon Soldo Erich? That was one of his fave things TR played and when he interviewed him he asked him about it. I think Jon knows which piece it is.

I also mentioned Segovia in another forum on the board, here is a link. Guitar players should definitely check it out:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2689
CPPJames Posted - 02/03/2003 : 10:10:34 AM
LOL, I don't know why but listening to that made me laugh. No idea on the name, but it reminds me of an organ at a baseball game =).

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000