Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim's right hand(this isn't perverse either)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/24/2002 : 1:29:03 PM
When Tim plays acoustic fingerstyle, does he use more of a delta blues 3 finger style playing, or more of a spanish/classical guitar style using all the fingers. Anyone have a guess?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BigEyedPhish Posted - 04/25/2002 : 12:47:30 PM

a guitar god... the guitar god... the creator... whatever you want to call him he is amazing!!!

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/25/2002 : 12:41:51 PM
a guitar god? more like THE guitar god! for those that are monotheistic at least.

BigEyedPhish Posted - 04/25/2002 : 12:33:01 PM

there is only one answer to all these questions.... TIM IS A GUITAR GOD!!!

pcbTIM Posted - 04/24/2002 : 9:26:42 PM
I just get blown away everyTIMe he uses a pick and makes it look like he's strumming all 6 strings, but is only playing one. How does he do that? Muting? Or just practice to hit only that string?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/24/2002 : 9:08:34 PM
yeah, i would have to agree with what kevin said. That's probably right that he uses everything available. i could see him using the pinky for like tremolo fast playing, but he probably goes back and forth between dif. right hand techniques, so...

KevinLesko Posted - 04/24/2002 : 8:50:52 PM
Basically, I think Tim will do anything and everything to get any and every sound out of those strings! He definetly seems to switch up styles a lot. Depends on the song, but basically I've seen him do it all.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/24/2002 : 7:39:39 PM
quote:
Silky I think what you might be seeing is Tim's pinky moving just by reflex from moving his other fingers. I know my pinky often moves involuntarily in the same motion just from picking with my ring finger.

That could very well be it...

dick mountjoy Posted - 04/24/2002 : 7:24:55 PM
Yeah that's what I was saying, he also plants his pinky on the guitar alot the time....the 5-5-00 video is a good one to watch his fingers in action.

Jamie M Posted - 04/24/2002 : 7:02:10 PM
quote:

I would have to disagree with you there Silky.....in almost every video I've seen Tim uses his thumb and index, middle, and ring fingers. The one song that really got me thinking about this was As far as we can see. When I first started to play it I used all 5 fingers until I saw Tim how Tim plays it, using his thumb to hit the bass notes and his 3 fingers to play the treble notes. I'm guessing where there are situations where he uses his pinky, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

I think you're right. Except I think for As Far As We Can See he actually plays the first 2 notes with his thumb then changes to the 3 fingers for the last 3 strings. Or is that what you are saying already?

Silky I think what you might be seeing is Tim's pinky moving just by reflex from moving his other fingers. I know my pinky often moves involuntarily in the same motion just from picking with my ring finger.

dick mountjoy Posted - 04/24/2002 : 6:06:12 PM
I would have to disagree with you there Silky.....in almost every video I've seen Tim uses his thumb and index, middle, and ring fingers. The one song that really got me thinking about this was As far as we can see. When I first started to play it I used all 5 fingers until I saw Tim how Tim plays it, using his thumb to hit the bass notes and his 3 fingers to play the treble notes. I'm guessing where there are situations where he uses his pinky, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/24/2002 : 5:25:01 PM
I see him use his pinky a good bit. I don't think you can pull off some of the stuff he plays without using your pinky.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000