Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Taping / Trading / Recording
 Tapers for Park City, UT Sept 26th

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jsemon2 Posted - 09/20/2005 : 8:19:17 PM
Hey guys, I got the ok from the venue to video tape this, and I was wondering if anyone else was planning on taping at least the audio? Let s work something together. Make something good for teh community.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 09/22/2005 : 9:17:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

i was thinking about captureing it on my ipod just with a mic. and that btat kinda sucks, they dont have any information on recording equipement, etc. just bands taht allow taping, and we know tim does

Ah I was just refering to this line.
quote:
A mono 1/4 inch to stereo adaptor is a must. Bring 1/4 inch adaptors, XLR adaptors, a 10+ foot cable (with a twistie/something to tie the slack up with), a power extension cord, and 3 prong to two prong adaptor.
jsemon2 Posted - 09/22/2005 : 3:58:39 PM
i was thinking about captureing it on my ipod just with a mic. and that btat kinda sucks, they dont have any information on recording equipement, etc. just bands taht allow taping, and we know tim does
Zachmozach Posted - 09/22/2005 : 12:45:58 PM
If you have anything that can record from a line in you can capture from a soundboard, but that's one, if the sound guy lets you, and two if you have the right adapter for the soundboard. http://btat.wagnerone.com/ Check out the taping tips there and it should give you a little more info about taping.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/22/2005 : 08:08:54 AM
iPod can capture from soundboard? I did not know that. If you could, that'd be awesome!!
jsemon2 Posted - 09/22/2005 : 02:15:55 AM
DCR-HC21 MiniDV HandycamŽ CamcorderspacerDCR-HC21

that is the camcorder i will be using, and hopes of setting it up on a tripod as well. it has a remote so i will be fine on being able to zoom in and out(20x optical zoom).

But it doesnt have a place to plug any sort of external mic. I really wish someone has the equipement to hook up to the soundboard. I might just bring my ipod and capture that way at least.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/21/2005 : 2:59:53 PM
I think a friend of mine from the area was going to be able to go to this show, but I'm pretty sure he has no taping equipment or experience, but I'll shoot him an email. Also you can always try for a bourd patch and run that directly into your camera in which case the sound would be pretty good.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000