Tapers for Park City, UT Sept 26th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I got the ok from the venue to video tape this, and I was wondering if anyone else was planning on taping at least the audio? Let s work something together. Make something good for teh community.

OUT FOR LUNCH

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a friend of mine from the area was going to be able to go to this show, but I'm pretty sure he has no taping equipment or experience, but I'll shoot him an email. Also you can always try for a bourd patch and run that directly into your camera in which case the sound would be pretty good.

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  02:15:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DCR-HC21 MiniDV Handycam® CamcorderspacerDCR-HC21

that is the camcorder i will be using, and hopes of setting it up on a tripod as well. it has a remote so i will be fine on being able to zoom in and out(20x optical zoom).

But it doesnt have a place to plug any sort of external mic. I really wish someone has the equipement to hook up to the soundboard. I might just bring my ipod and capture that way at least.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  08:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
iPod can capture from soundboard? I did not know that. If you could, that'd be awesome!!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have anything that can record from a line in you can capture from a soundboard, but that's one, if the sound guy lets you, and two if you have the right adapter for the soundboard. http://btat.wagnerone.com/ Check out the taping tips there and it should give you a little more info about taping.

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was thinking about captureing it on my ipod just with a mic. and that btat kinda sucks, they dont have any information on recording equipement, etc. just bands taht allow taping, and we know tim does

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  9:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

i was thinking about captureing it on my ipod just with a mic. and that btat kinda sucks, they dont have any information on recording equipement, etc. just bands taht allow taping, and we know tim does

Ah I was just refering to this line.
quote:
A mono 1/4 inch to stereo adaptor is a must. Bring 1/4 inch adaptors, XLR adaptors, a 10+ foot cable (with a twistie/something to tie the slack up with), a power extension cord, and 3 prong to two prong adaptor.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000