Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Distortion/Fuzz Stompbox

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JTR Posted - 03/08/2007 : 01:27:01 AM
Anyone got any good tips on a good distortion or overdrive stompbox? I'm a little tired of my Superfuzz, since it seems to remove all the bass from my guitar. Anybody have a model they particularly liked when they bought or tried it out?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dirtysloth Posted - 05/02/2007 : 01:43:04 AM
I'm a little late on this, but my Maxon OD820 Overdrive Pro is now one of my essential pedals in my lineup. It gives me the tone I always wanted but never got before with my Tele.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/09/2007 : 03:02:19 AM
Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi

I got a Little Big Muff Pi just a month ago, and it is just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I immediately plugged it in, and got the sweetest distortion and sustain ever! I got the settings right, and played Comfortably Numb's first solo, and got the exact same sound as Gilmour! You have the Distortion/Sustain control, Tone control (that really does control the tone more than most pedals where the tone controls barely do anything, or favor only one end), and the volume control. You get a great sound if you put a deep chorus effect after it.

I do also have a Marshall BB-2 pedal, which is a very nice rough tube overdrive distortion, which is very good as well, and it also has just a plain volume boost setting which helps with my passive acoustic pickup.
dan p. Posted - 03/09/2007 : 02:08:18 AM
bost distortion is good. a lot of times, because i sometimes tune my lowest strings down to b, e, and a, or a, e and a, the notes get too muddied with my old peddle. but with the boss distortion it remains clear and crunchy.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/08/2007 : 9:38:28 PM
The base model Boss Distortion is pretty good.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000