Distortion/Fuzz Stompbox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  01:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone got any good tips on a good distortion or overdrive stompbox? I'm a little tired of my Superfuzz, since it seems to remove all the bass from my guitar. Anybody have a model they particularly liked when they bought or tried it out?

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  9:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The base model Boss Distortion is pretty good.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  02:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bost distortion is good. a lot of times, because i sometimes tune my lowest strings down to b, e, and a, or a, e and a, the notes get too muddied with my old peddle. but with the boss distortion it remains clear and crunchy.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  03:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi

I got a Little Big Muff Pi just a month ago, and it is just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I immediately plugged it in, and got the sweetest distortion and sustain ever! I got the settings right, and played Comfortably Numb's first solo, and got the exact same sound as Gilmour! You have the Distortion/Sustain control, Tone control (that really does control the tone more than most pedals where the tone controls barely do anything, or favor only one end), and the volume control. You get a great sound if you put a deep chorus effect after it.

I do also have a Marshall BB-2 pedal, which is a very nice rough tube overdrive distortion, which is very good as well, and it also has just a plain volume boost setting which helps with my passive acoustic pickup.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  01:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little late on this, but my Maxon OD820 Overdrive Pro is now one of my essential pedals in my lineup. It gives me the tone I always wanted but never got before with my Tele.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000