Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 effects question...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zack Posted - 04/23/2006 : 12:12:12 PM
Hey, does anyone know how tim is able to slow down and speed up the pitch of his playing. Sounds like he turns the repeat up on his dd-5 and runs that into something(what!?)to speed up/slow down swells and such then layers over them. Does anyone know what he does it with?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 05/01/2006 : 11:24:38 PM
Fun fun fun.

A bongload of fun to be exact. Gotta ante up for the damn DD-5.

Screw you, BOSS!
sciphish Posted - 04/30/2006 : 5:37:51 PM
If tims using two delay pedals, how does he get a loop out of it? I dont think theres a loop feature on the boss's. Or has he not been doing that this tour (i wouldnt know... I havent heard any of the new shows.)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/29/2006 : 7:10:32 PM
You can do it with an Echo Park, I've tried it. But you have to be slow about it, or it will just get all mushed up . . . but I do that on purpose sometimes :) . Gives me a kewl effect, I can even get it to sound like a space ship flying off, that one impresses the ladies . . . ok well the only lady I've shown it to is my mom . . . guess it doesn't count.

Edit: Looks like his line 6 DL4 is off the acoustic stage now.
Bakun214 Posted - 04/29/2006 : 11:52:27 AM
Thanks a lot fluffy! ..I suppose I'll have to invest in a dd-5 sooner or later.
Fluffy Posted - 04/29/2006 : 08:09:23 AM
small correction:

TR is actually using a DD-6 and a DD-5. The one on the left is a DD-6 and the one on the right is the DD-5. TR said he uses the reverse function on the DD-5 to do the affect the pitch. It has an octave range or something. He said he will sometimes affect it then shift if over to the DD-6 as a loop. Hope this makes sense to the tech heads. Hard to translate this stuff when I don't understand it myself. LOL
Fluffy Posted - 04/28/2006 : 12:20:50 AM

Maybe this will help, here is a pic of TR's current 6 string setup. TR has switched to Fishman acoustic DI's from his former SansAmp acoustic DI's, there are 2 Boss DD-5's, a volume pedal and of course the MoogerFooger which he has only added to the 6 string setup since he nixed the electric portion of the set.
Zack Posted - 04/27/2006 : 6:42:15 PM
I was about 10 feet away from him when he was playing...its some sort of wierd connection between the dl-4 and the dd-5 or 6. I swore he had two dd-5's or6's running into each other, but i could be wrong. I've had a DL-4 and a DD-6 for 3 years, and neither one on their own does it...i've tried.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/24/2006 : 9:11:16 PM
Don't know, don't own one. I think you best bet is to e-mail Line 6 about it.
Bakun214 Posted - 04/24/2006 : 2:50:05 PM
How would you go about doing that on the DL-4? I have one..still can't figure it out..
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/24/2006 : 12:29:16 AM
I know he used to do that with his DD-5, before he ever got his DL-4. But, from what I've been hearing now-adays, they seem to be longer loops than the DD-5 can handle. So I think he is doing what you hear on his DL-4 mostly these days.

. . . Actualy, I just looked at the video tape I have of of Tim on Craig Kilborn, and yes he is doing it on his DL-4.

But the DD-5 or even the Line 6 Echo Park Delay (which I have) you can do that, but not with as long of a delay as with the DL-4.

. . . I actualy prefer the Echo Park Delay over the DD-5 (DD-3, DD-4, or DD-6 as well), but to each their own.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/23/2006 : 11:32:56 PM
I told you what I think, I am pretty sure I am right.
Zack Posted - 04/23/2006 : 2:13:14 PM
It's not the DL-4 or the DD-6 used alone or together. I think maybe if he ran a dd-5 or 6 into another dd-5 or 6, he may be able to use the 2nd delay time to speed it up or down. Or i was thinking he uses the moog at the end of his setup and uses the frequency/rate knobs. I dont know, what do u think?
Bakun214 Posted - 04/23/2006 : 1:54:35 PM
Yeah, I think it's the delay time knob on his DD-5..at least that is what I was told.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/23/2006 : 1:43:35 PM
I think it's just him playing with the delay time knob on the DD-5 or DL-4.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000