Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 To Touch Yearning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/12/2006 : 04:37:38 AM
To Touch Yearning is by far my favorite Tim Reynolds song, from my favorite Tim CD. I have looked all around the net for a good tab (sadly the one on the site isn't that accurate) and I have searched the boards. I know Tim improvs a lot in almost every song, but I am just wanting a tab for the album version. Can anyone help me out?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skyline Posted - 04/04/2006 : 10:25:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

I have to say, I love dmb . . . but I don't love all of their fans. Most I don't ever want to be around. Sometimes I wish I discoverd Tim and the gang without the link from dmb.

. . . there is also a show on the sever that I recorded with my camera ;) . I forget the exact date, but it was in 2001, and it was between febuary and april, and it was in menonomie, wisconsin. I got tim to sign my guitar strap and fluffy to sign the nomadic wavelength cd

Anyways, can't wait to see the tab :) .

Check out DMBForums.com. Small and friendly community :)

Thanks for the tab!
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/01/2006 : 5:53:32 PM
Nice Arrested Development reference, I'll try and finish it soon.

The chord Tim 'strums' in the chorus part is Fmaj7, voiced (x33210).
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/01/2006 : 5:36:16 PM
MARRY ME!
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/01/2006 : 09:31:51 AM
AHAHA, shit I will finish it soon, still halfway done, my bad man, I'll post what I have so far, to get you going.

To Touch Yearning
Written by: Tim Reynolds
Transcribed by: Jared Susney

pb = pre-bend (bend 1st note to 2nd note before picking it)
() = finger rake (play notes inside () in a quick sweeping motion from ( to ) )

|---------------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------5-3-|
|-5b6----3------------------|-5b6---3---3-------------|-5b6----3--------------6)--5-|
|---------5-4-2-------5-5-0-|--------5-4-5------5-5-0-|----------5-4-2s0------5---5-|
|--------------5------3-3-2-|-------------------3-3-2-|----------------------(7-----|
|-0--0-0--------0-0-5-5-5-3-|-0--0-0------0-0-5-----3-|-0--0-0----------0-0-5----3--|
|---------------------------|-------------------------|-----------------------------|

|-12b13---10-------------------------|-12b13---10-----10------------------|-12b13---10-------------------------|
|-----------13-12-10--------10)-10-8-|-----------13-12--13------10-10---8-|-----------13-12-10--------10)-10-8-|
|-------------------12------10-----9-|--------------------------10-10---9-|-------------------12------10-----9-|
|--------------------------(10-----9-|--------------------------10-10---9-|--------------------------(10-----9-|
|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|
|-------------------------10------8--|-------------------------10------8--|-------------------------10------8--|

|--------------------------|---------|
|-5pb6-3-------------5-5-5-|----0--1-|
|-------5-4-2p0------5-5-5-|--2--2-2-|
|--------------------3-3-3-|-2-2-----|
|----0----------0-0-5------|--0----0-|
|--------------------------|---------|

Will finish in the days to come!
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/01/2006 : 04:45:35 AM
<=== kept in suspense
Batstone Posted - 03/25/2006 : 10:26:24 PM
u better
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/25/2006 : 11:31:04 AM
Got the tab halfway done...will post soon.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/22/2006 : 12:11:24 AM
I have to say, I love dmb . . . but I don't love all of their fans. Most I don't ever want to be around. Sometimes I wish I discoverd Tim and the gang without the link from dmb.

. . . there is also a show on the sever that I recorded with my camera ;) . I forget the exact date, but it was in 2001, and it was between febuary and april, and it was in menonomie, wisconsin. I got tim to sign my guitar strap and fluffy to sign the nomadic wavelength cd

Anyways, can't wait to see the tab :) .
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/21/2006 : 8:45:12 PM
I actually just discovered I have this on DVD, shame on me. I'll try tab and it out this week.

I am gonna play it for a while now...

*EDIT: HOLY SHIT, Tim does a fucking ridiculous jam on this song: drop-A chord rain. Wow. 3/14/99 DVD, Tim and Dave with Santana & Bob Weir appearences...what a show. This TTY is the best I have ever heard though.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/21/2006 : 7:21:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian
I have been histant of joining here because I don't want it to end up like all the other dmb boards I was on.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about here. I remember you from DMBTABs too. One of the great things about this place is that it is NOT a DMB board...far from it.

Apologies...back to the guitar discussion...
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/20/2006 : 12:11:20 AM
Ya, I was on dmbtabs.com for a while. After my experiences with those dmb boards, I have decided never to join a dmb board again. Dmbtabs was the best out of all dmb boards, but then it got nasty twards me, with everyone throwing shit at me (almost literaly). I left early last spring. I have been histant of joining here because I don't want it to end up like all the other dmb boards I was on.

Also, kewl if you can get something up there. I am not good with Tim's style yet, so it's hard for me to tab his stuff.

Also, for writing my own songs into tabs (so I don't forget them, I have too many to remember, lol), I just use a basic tablature setup.

Also, if I am just writing it, and not near the computer, I grab some notebook paper and make a tab out of the lines on the papers.

Anyways, any help om TTY would be great :) .
guitfiddler Posted - 03/14/2006 : 8:38:36 PM
Cool, I'll do that. I have it on a legal pad now. Give me a couple of days to put it on the computer. I'm excited to contribute something to these boards besides offensive comments. ROCK ON!!!
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/14/2006 : 12:08:54 PM
The tabs I did, I just made the staff and then typed the numbers in in notepad, not too hard with cut and paste.

I did that to make: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5625
guitfiddler Posted - 03/14/2006 : 12:47:48 AM
quote:
To Touch Yearning is by far my favorite Tim Reynolds song, from my favorite Tim CD. I have looked all around the net for a good tab (sadly the one on the site isn't that accurate) and I have searched the boards. I know Tim improvs a lot in almost every song, but I am just wanting a tab for the album version. Can anyone help me out?

I asked the same question a while back. No dice! If you use the posted tab as a starting point, it isn't too difficult to figure out (if you have about 40 hours to spare). I've got most of it, but I am not that computer literate and have never posted tabs on the net. What program do y'all use? I'm retarded I know.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/13/2006 : 1:29:04 PM
Thespian, I remember you from a brief stint on DMBtabs board I had on a thread that those clowns over there posted about SRV smokin' TIM. Ignorance...

Anyway, I have been asking a fellow board member about possibly getting a tab for TTY, I'll ask again and see what he says.
Batstone Posted - 03/12/2006 : 10:19:53 AM
well the tab o nthe site.. is ok at best.. U can easily use that... add in the missing bass notes.. and get a good version going.. good luck! and if u do add to it.. post it here

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000