To Touch Yearning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  04:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To Touch Yearning is by far my favorite Tim Reynolds song, from my favorite Tim CD. I have looked all around the net for a good tab (sadly the one on the site isn't that accurate) and I have searched the boards. I know Tim improvs a lot in almost every song, but I am just wanting a tab for the album version. Can anyone help me out?

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well the tab o nthe site.. is ok at best.. U can easily use that... add in the missing bass notes.. and get a good version going.. good luck! and if u do add to it.. post it here

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  1:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thespian, I remember you from a brief stint on DMBtabs board I had on a thread that those clowns over there posted about SRV smokin' TIM. Ignorance...

Anyway, I have been asking a fellow board member about possibly getting a tab for TTY, I'll ask again and see what he says.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  12:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
To Touch Yearning is by far my favorite Tim Reynolds song, from my favorite Tim CD. I have looked all around the net for a good tab (sadly the one on the site isn't that accurate) and I have searched the boards. I know Tim improvs a lot in almost every song, but I am just wanting a tab for the album version. Can anyone help me out?

I asked the same question a while back. No dice! If you use the posted tab as a starting point, it isn't too difficult to figure out (if you have about 40 hours to spare). I've got most of it, but I am not that computer literate and have never posted tabs on the net. What program do y'all use? I'm retarded I know.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  12:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The tabs I did, I just made the staff and then typed the numbers in in notepad, not too hard with cut and paste.

I did that to make: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5625

Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  8:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, I'll do that. I have it on a legal pad now. Give me a couple of days to put it on the computer. I'm excited to contribute something to these boards besides offensive comments. ROCK ON!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya, I was on dmbtabs.com for a while. After my experiences with those dmb boards, I have decided never to join a dmb board again. Dmbtabs was the best out of all dmb boards, but then it got nasty twards me, with everyone throwing shit at me (almost literaly). I left early last spring. I have been histant of joining here because I don't want it to end up like all the other dmb boards I was on.

Also, kewl if you can get something up there. I am not good with Tim's style yet, so it's hard for me to tab his stuff.

Also, for writing my own songs into tabs (so I don't forget them, I have too many to remember, lol), I just use a basic tablature setup.

Also, if I am just writing it, and not near the computer, I grab some notebook paper and make a tab out of the lines on the papers.

Anyways, any help om TTY would be great :) .

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  7:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian
I have been histant of joining here because I don't want it to end up like all the other dmb boards I was on.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about here. I remember you from DMBTABs too. One of the great things about this place is that it is NOT a DMB board...far from it.

Apologies...back to the guitar discussion...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  8:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I actually just discovered I have this on DVD, shame on me. I'll try tab and it out this week.

I am gonna play it for a while now...

*EDIT: HOLY SHIT, Tim does a fucking ridiculous jam on this song: drop-A chord rain. Wow. 3/14/99 DVD, Tim and Dave with Santana & Bob Weir appearences...what a show. This TTY is the best I have ever heard though.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I love dmb . . . but I don't love all of their fans. Most I don't ever want to be around. Sometimes I wish I discoverd Tim and the gang without the link from dmb.

. . . there is also a show on the sever that I recorded with my camera ;) . I forget the exact date, but it was in 2001, and it was between febuary and april, and it was in menonomie, wisconsin. I got tim to sign my guitar strap and fluffy to sign the nomadic wavelength cd

Anyways, can't wait to see the tab :) .

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  11:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Got the tab halfway done...will post soon.

Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  10:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
u better

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  04:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
<=== kept in suspense

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAHA, shit I will finish it soon, still halfway done, my bad man, I'll post what I have so far, to get you going.

To Touch Yearning
Written by: Tim Reynolds
Transcribed by: Jared Susney

pb = pre-bend (bend 1st note to 2nd note before picking it)
() = finger rake (play notes inside () in a quick sweeping motion from ( to ) )

|---------------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------5-3-|
|-5b6----3------------------|-5b6---3---3-------------|-5b6----3--------------6)--5-|
|---------5-4-2-------5-5-0-|--------5-4-5------5-5-0-|----------5-4-2s0------5---5-|
|--------------5------3-3-2-|-------------------3-3-2-|----------------------(7-----|
|-0--0-0--------0-0-5-5-5-3-|-0--0-0------0-0-5-----3-|-0--0-0----------0-0-5----3--|
|---------------------------|-------------------------|-----------------------------|

|-12b13---10-------------------------|-12b13---10-----10------------------|-12b13---10-------------------------|
|-----------13-12-10--------10)-10-8-|-----------13-12--13------10-10---8-|-----------13-12-10--------10)-10-8-|
|-------------------12------10-----9-|--------------------------10-10---9-|-------------------12------10-----9-|
|--------------------------(10-----9-|--------------------------10-10---9-|--------------------------(10-----9-|
|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|-0----0-0------------0-0------------|
|-------------------------10------8--|-------------------------10------8--|-------------------------10------8--|

|--------------------------|---------|
|-5pb6-3-------------5-5-5-|----0--1-|
|-------5-4-2p0------5-5-5-|--2--2-2-|
|--------------------3-3-3-|-2-2-----|
|----0----------0-0-5------|--0----0-|
|--------------------------|---------|

Will finish in the days to come!

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  5:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MARRY ME!

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  5:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice Arrested Development reference, I'll try and finish it soon.

The chord Tim 'strums' in the chorus part is Fmaj7, voiced (x33210).

Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

I have to say, I love dmb . . . but I don't love all of their fans. Most I don't ever want to be around. Sometimes I wish I discoverd Tim and the gang without the link from dmb.

. . . there is also a show on the sever that I recorded with my camera ;) . I forget the exact date, but it was in 2001, and it was between febuary and april, and it was in menonomie, wisconsin. I got tim to sign my guitar strap and fluffy to sign the nomadic wavelength cd

Anyways, can't wait to see the tab :) .

Check out DMBForums.com. Small and friendly community :)

Thanks for the tab!

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000