Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Any Ideas?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ChaosBrother Posted - 12/08/2004 : 10:24:24 PM

Whats up you guys? Im new to these forums, but not new to Tim's enlightened style. I usually play my acoustic, unless I jam out with my band of brothers. I would like to know what electric guitar would be best to buy under 1k? My acoustic is my baby, but with a lack of frets, leaves me feeling restricted. Im looking for a guitar that can handle all sorts of pedals, plus be good just with standard tuning all by itself. Any ideas
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 12/10/2004 : 9:35:08 PM
An American Standard Strat would probably be the most versatile, and my personal pick, especially if you replace one of the pickups with a humbucking setup.
dan p. Posted - 12/10/2004 : 5:59:01 PM
i'm a metal man, myself, as well as an epiphone/gibson guy. my electric is a epiphone les paul studio gothic model. they don't make them anymore, but if you can get your meathooks on a gibson sonic 180, that'd be grand. i had one. . .and fucking broke it.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/10/2004 : 5:13:25 PM
I was just kidding. I think of Telecasters as old man guitars...even though our own Tim Reynolds plays one.

I really like Les Pauls as a good all around guitar. I play a lot of different styles, and I only own one electric guitar: A Les Paul.

Adam
ChaosBrother Posted - 12/10/2004 : 3:36:20 PM
Well Im kinda a guitar experimentalist type, so Id say from reggae to blues, to metal to my own crazy melodic riffs. But thanks for the input though.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/09/2004 : 4:53:15 PM
If he's in the 50+ crowd playing Earl Scruggs covers, a Telecaster should be right up his alley.

Adam
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 12/09/2004 : 4:20:08 PM
I'd go for a Fender Telecaster, but I don't know what kind of music you play.
theprik Posted - 12/09/2004 : 4:08:28 PM
jackson slsmg soloist flametop
now that guitar will handle just about anything
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/09/2004 : 3:59:07 PM
Epiphone les paul standard. Of course, mine is from way back, they don't make 'em like they used to.

I second the SG notion. I'm a Gibson/Epiphone man though, so I'm very baised.

Adam
therippa Posted - 12/09/2004 : 12:50:11 PM
A Gibson SG special can be found under $1000 at a lot of places. I had one (just sold it last week)...works well with pedals and has enough character that you can just plug it in and play it on it's own (something I don't think a strat has).

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000