Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Tim's effects on Live "Proudest Monkey" Acoustic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pribnuts Posted - 11/03/2004 : 7:21:12 PM
Hey guys, quick question. I am struggling to figure out what Tim is using pedal-wise in his recordings (live and acoustic duo) with dave matthews, specifically "Proudest Monkey". He somehow gets almost a "steel drum" sound out of his guitar and I have no idea what it could be. A filter, maybe? Also, when he drops octaves, is that a digitech whammy pedal? Right now, my setup is the Boss Loop Station (the 5 minute one), the LIne 6 Digital Delay, Dunlop Wah, Ernie Ball Volume, and the hughes and Kettner Rotosphere. I can't seem to get that sound! Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/06/2004 : 08:51:44 AM
You'll have to host the MP3 or WMA at a site, and post the link here so I can download it. If you tell me the date of the show I can get that too and let you know.

If we're talking D&T acoustic here, Tim does not use a plethora of effects. Pretty much just wah/volume and delay and slide. It's likely that he is using a technique like Kevin suggested, such as slapping the strings as you would playing a bass.

Adam

Kevin Posted - 11/05/2004 : 8:26:26 PM
From how you are describing it, it sounds like Tim might just be playing slap, not messing around with pedals. Just thought I'd throw that in there
pribnuts Posted - 11/04/2004 : 11:01:13 PM
hey man, I would love to post the MP3 (or WMA, it is smaller) but I can't figure out the insert file function. Could you help me out? Thanks bro.

Pribs
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/03/2004 : 7:37:52 PM
http://www.timreynolds.com/setup/

Anything on that list you don't have, buy it. That will bring you one step closer to getting that sound .

Seriously, do you have a date of a show this was done at so I can listen to it? Or better yet, post an MP3 of the song. I'm usually pretty good at deciphering what effects Tim's using.

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000